Are these true Serama's?

Billyj

Songster
10 Years
Jan 20, 2010
Gaffney SC
Ok I just want to make sure these are Serama's. I know some are boys, but are they what I hope they are.

I am thinking about buying them and want to make sure.

47455_img_0062.jpg

47455_img_0063.jpg

47455_img_0064.jpg

47455_img_0065.jpg

47455_img_0071.jpg

47455_img_0068.jpg

47455_img_0072.jpg

Thanks for any input.

They are purebred seramas,but if you plan to show them,think again. They don't have the right stance and only the white is accepted. Other than that,they look like cute and nice birds though.
smile.png

You can't really tell here,but this serama had a very nice stance-

163472_188481414496093_100000027067313_736257_7091411_n.jpg

Wow what stunning colors!!!

Are there any books that you would suggest that are great to learn how to properly show, how to show, and what to look for in a show bird?

Is the stance something that comes naturally? If I get these, what would the chances of the offspring being better standers. (for lack of better words). Would it be possible to "train" the birds to stand properly?

Now by saying that, I am not planning on showing them, but you never know.

Thanks.

Those are very pretty birds! Seramas are a hard breed to judge, especially here in America. In Asia, where they originated, any color is accepted. This is also mostly true in the British Standard as well.

In America, I believe only one standard is being developed in the white category. The white Serama must have red earlobes and white plumage. I do not believe that any other standard has made any headway yet, but I have seen proposed standards that allow for multiple earlobe colorations. Its the very fact that Seramas have such varied coloration that makes them difficult to standardize.

I admit that I don't have a trained eye for Seramas specifically, but those birds look very nice, and a good place to start breeding. I see correct wing carraige, and close to a correct stance and size. The smaller the better with this breed.

There is a nice page on this breed here at BYC that you should check out:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/breeds/serama/23256

Hope that helps!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom