Are they ready to go out?

slushey51

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 21, 2013
Hi eveyone,

I have 6 chicks, almost 4 weeks old, and i was wandering if i could put them in their coop.

I live in Alabama and its getting warm.

[/IMG]

Yes they Are
wee.gif

Chicks become ready to go into the coop when feathers cover their whole body almost at the age of month
You should make sure that there is plenty of clean water and feed for them and regularly change the water ...

we live in fort payne and we put our chicks out last Friday. We got our chicks March the 6th. we split the coop so the little ones will have a place where the big girls can't pick on them. we will not let them out of the cage for a little while. the big girls are very interested in the little ones. the leader has already tried to assert herself. I think the chicks will be ok when we let them out, they are real fast and the older girls are a little fat and slow. good luck and where in Alabama?

I live in Knoxville, TN and I put mine out last week, they were six weeks old. It should be a little colder here and we had a real cold week when they were 5 weeks. I was going to put them out then, but it got down around 30 degrees so I waited. Since they've been out it did get down one night to about 40 and they were fine.

I live in Vestavia Hill, which is just south of Birmingham.

The low, projected for the whole week, is 42 degrees.

Back
Top Bottom