Are they sexlink bantams?…

Heidiypi1

Songster
Jan 8, 2021
Well the baby chookies I thought I had turned out to be extremely small bantams, they are as cute as anything I adore the, but we had no idea we had bought bantams!… very bad chicken reseller, at the least they should know what they have!… so they started to lay eggs every second day and they are like the tiny fairy eggs you can get when a hen first starts to lay, they are tiny! Does anyone think they are sexlink bantams?.. still have no idea, the funny looking one has a scissor beak and more hackles and feathers than the other, it’s hard to see how small they are but they are tiny compared to my other 6 chicken, I can scoop them up one in each hand easily!
IMG_5913.jpeg
IMG_5947.jpeg
IMG_5930.jpeg

I do not know of Sex-link Bantams,,, but there may be possibilities. Sometimes the difference is so slight, but experienced keepers can identify the hens from the cockerels early on.
BTW,, those hens are cute :love
I may have a slanted opinion about bantams,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, because 6 out of the 7 chickens I have are Banties.
Yes the eggs are somewhat smaller,, like ½ but I still use them. Just need more of them in my recipes. :highfive:

On the cross beak. You can try to file the TOP beak slightly to make a better fit, only. (NEVER THE BOTTOM)
A healthier beak will allow chicken to eat better. Often times cross beak chickens do not live long,,,,, due to not getting enough nutrition:(

WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:highfive:

I suspect based on their coloration and shape that they are a mix of hatchery-quality Mille Fleur d'Uccle and Black Cochin bantam. That would not make sexlinks, just cute little mixes like these girls. They're completely adorable regardless of what they are! :love
Thank you so much for your reply!

I do not know of Sex-link Bantams,,, but there may be possibilities. Sometimes the difference is so slight, but experienced keepers can identify the hens from the cockerels early on.
BTW,, those hens are cute :love
I may have a slanted opinion about bantams,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, because 6 out of the 7 chickens I have are Banties.
Yes the eggs are somewhat smaller,, like ½ but I still use them. Just need more of them in my recipes. :highfive:

On the cross beak. You can try to file the TOP beak slightly to make a better fit, only. (NEVER THE BOTTOM)
A healthier beak will allow chicken to eat better. Often times cross beak chickens do not live long,,,,, due to not getting enough nutrition:(

WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:highfive:
Thank you so much for your kind reply!

Sex linking is using a combination of female and male coloring that results in the male offspring being different (normally in color). An example would be female barred crossed with male solid results in male barred and female solid. The size of the birds could be bantam or standard.

Sex linking is using a combination of female and male coloring that results in the male offspring being different (normally in color). An example would be female barred crossed with male solid results in male barred and female solid. The size of the birds could be bantam or standard.
Thank you for your time, you obviously know a lot more in detail about chickens than I do, mine are tiny bantams, no idea what breed!

Attachments

• IMG_6008.jpeg
    IMG_6008.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0025.jpeg
    IMG_0025.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_5946.jpeg
    IMG_5946.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom