Are turkeys prey to hawks?

ticks

Pheasant Obsessed
11 Years
Apr 1, 2008
The Sticks, Vermont
I am very negative about this whole turkey thing. I only have one, so I am not sure what I am going to do with it. It will probably have a run for a little bit but then freerange and roost in the trees (which worries me deeply) So I would like to know if they are a danger to hawks like chickens are. Are hawks another thing I need to worry about?

I have a few turkeys myself, and am interested in what the responses will be. My turkeys are in cages right now, but I plan to let them range shortly. We do have hawks around.
sad.png

I let my 5 young adult turkeys free range every day from dawn to dusk. We have hawks everywhere. Haven't lost a single one.

Out of curiosity, why are you negative about turkeys? I find them much easier to raise than my chickens.

I lost all my turkeys to dogs, never to hawks, chickens yes, turkeys no. I will not get more turkeys, even though they were great to have around, because they could have avoided the dogs , flown away , up into the trees on top of my trailer, etc, but instead they allowed themselves to be massacred, dumb birds, miss em though.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom