Are we roos?

KalisCoop

In the Brooder
6 Years
Aug 28, 2013
Central Missouri
Hi everyone. We had chickens when I was younger, but these are the first I have kept as an adult. I have two chickens who's sex I am concerned about. The first one is the Giant white Cochin in the first picture along with the other pics.

Was bought as a pullet but is showing definite rooster personality traits (was on top of one of the hens today, always last in the coop and sleeps by the door)

These next two pictures the individual I am concerned about is the silver/blue one in middle of first pic and back middle by fence in second. Is it a cockerel? This one was intended to be male, but is not crowing and is very timid. It is about 5 months old.

Here is another pic silver/blue cockerel? Tail off to the left and giant also in pic. Any help would be great!

The silver-grey bird does appear to be a rooster, but a less blurry photo would help me be sure of that. As for the White Cochin, from what I can tell from the photo, it looks rather hen-ish. However, if possible, could you get a side-profile photo of the white bird? I know chickens are difficult to photograph, but just try your best.

Thanks for your help. I will try to get better pics tomorrow. Can you click the pics? When I click, they bring up the actual clear picture. The smaller pictures in the post look horrible :(

Thanks for your help. I will try to get better pics tomorrow. Can you click the pics? When I click, they bring up the actual clear picture. The smaller pictures in the post look horrible
sad.png
Yes, I can click them and they do enlarge, which does help a little. However, the photos are just to blurry/far away to tell for sure the gender of your chickens.

Back
Top Bottom