Are We Under Terrorist Attack?? Gas $6.79 near me!!!

Yes, I think I would call all the appropriate people and save the receipts, and then write a nasty letter to the gas station owner.

We did that here after 9/11 and a brand new gas station who had the highest prices actually went out of business a year or two later because our town really resented them. The building has been sitting vacant now for ages, which I'm sure is another sad commentary on our economy.

I hear your pain...I will most likely have to discontinue my part-time job if gas prices keep rising. I adore my job and my employer, but I'm barely breaking even by the time I consider gas, wear and tear, clothes, etc. I guess I'll be getting resourceful because, honestly, not many employers locally are looking for moms with little experience, much less totally qualified people.

I'm sorry you are experiencing this.

Last edited:
That's absolutely disgusting. Major gouging.
sad.png
I feel for you Specks.

The thing is you're in the mountains, and they are taking advantage of that. That absolutely stinks.

UGH I HOPE NOT!!!!!!!!! Gas went up twenty seven cents a gal more than yesterday!!!!!!

More profits for those darn gas companies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I already pay more than others who are back in civilization. Even 20 miles away, it's cheaper. This is unconscienable. If people really start figuring what it costs them to go to work (special clothing, gas, childcare, lunches, etc),they may see that it may be cheaper to actually stay home. If I found out that at the end of the month, I actually made a pitiful amt after expenses, or worse yet, it cost me to work, I'd quit and stay home. That would also keep a certain number of cars off the roads every day.

I thought I read $6.79

You did. That's no typo. Wish it was.​

Last edited:
OUR GAS HERE IN SOUTHSIDE VIRGINIA WAS $3.54 AND NOW IT IS $3.99. WELL SCRATCH THAT.....JUST GOT NEWS FROM MY NEIGHBOR THAT SHE SAT IN LINE FOR AN HOUR TO GET GAS AND PAID $4.12 A GALLON AND THE MAN AT THE REGISTER SAID SHE GOT THERE IN TIME CAUSE HE WAS HEADED OUT TO RAISE THE PRICE AGAIN.
th.gif
SPOKE WITH MY MOM AND SHE IS IN ASHEBORO, NORTH CAROLINA AND SHE SAID IT WAS ALREADY $4.29 A GALLON THIS MORNING AND SHE WAS IN A LINE THAT LEAD OUT TO THE HIGHWAY. MY, OH MY.

THIS IS SO REDICULIOUS. WONDER WHY BANKS ARE FORSCLOSING ON HOUSES AND THE CRIME RATE IS UP. WELL.........................

WELL....LOOKS LIKE THERE GOES OUR VACATION
barnie.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
So true, in many two income families, I have wondered why they both work out. Especailly the ones making minium wage or a little above.

That's what happened to my Brother... when it came to expenses and child-care, it was cheaper for her to stay home with the child! :eek:

Back
Top Bottom