Are We Under Terrorist Attack?? Gas $6.79 near me!!!

speckledhen

Intentional Solitude
Premium Feather Member
17 Years
Feb 3, 2007
Blue Ridge Mtns. of North Georgia
Oh, my gosh. If this continues, it's truly the end of the world as we know it. I feel like we are really under attack.
somad.gif
You can't imagine what this means for me and my DH. I'm sick and sad at the same time. Maybe I'll ride a horse from now on. Just had to vent. No comments needed.

Last edited:
Oh Cyn I hear ya. When I went in this morning it was still $3.89 but the news was it would be up by the afternoon. I don't know how anyone is going to be able to adjust and survive this one. Hang in there

I filled up yesterday and it was $3.64 here. Plus if I use a certain credit card, I get a 10 cent rebate/gallon. Every little bit helps!

Wow, it's hard to believe gas is near $7/gallon where you are.

Michele

does it have to do with Hurricane Ike about the hit texas? I was told that gas was going up because of that, I went out today and put in as much as I could afford before it goes up here. Its ben $3.55 for about 2 weeks or so i think.

It's because of Ike hitting the coast today. It was on the news last night, we was out fueling up the vehicles at 11:30 PM last night, because they said the gas would go up $.90 to a $1.00 after midnight. They said the spike was because of the oil refineries being shut down due to the storm. It should go back down in a few days.

Last edited:
The area in Texas that is about to be pummeled by Ike processes 1 out of every 4 gallon of gas pumped in this country and they have had to shut the refineries down. That means there will be a lot less gas to be had, so the prices will go & people will panic and the prices will go up more. Supply and demand, right? Fill up now if you can – fill your portable gas cans too, you can always put it in your car later.

How can it go up if there's no damage yet? That doesn't make any sense. I can see it going up after the hurricane and there is impact to the oil companies - but not before.
duc.gif
I tell ya..if the news reports it..it will happen. They say it may go up - and wahla..it does. Go figure. Heck, the gas in their tanks is still the same gas as yesterday!

Jody

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom