Are We Under Terrorist Attack?? Gas $6.79 near me!!!

Jaybird is right, the storm is running through "refinery alley"...

People running to the gas stations is the REASON why the prices spike when refineries are closed. The prices should go right back to normal a day or two after the storm blows through (assuming refineries aren't damaged). The more people who get in lines for gas, I guarantee, the higher the temporary prices will go.

$6.79 seems absolutely ridiculous, I agree.

The prices should go right back to normal a day or two

I didnt consider $3+/gallon normal. My grocery store is over 16 miles away. Every round trip with the one vehicle that is actually running reliably will cost $30 or more.​

Last edited:
Quote:
Prices going down is a good theory and you are right, they should, but they will hang on for a while.
The refineries aren't damaged, at least not yet, but they have to pull the people out of there which means they shut it down. But yikes, $6.79, that should actually be reported, I don't beleive the state would approve if they knew the staton owners did that. A lot of gas stations by me got in some big trouble 'cause they excessively increased the price of gas, and I believe it was due to Katrina at the time. Everyone did raise prices, but these places went to the extreme.
What was your price there the other day?

Shoot, no! We went up as high as $4.89, and breathed a small sigh of relief when it started going back down... we're at $4.44 now, and it is still bad for us in the remote areas that have to drive a ways to get to anything. I consolidate all of my errands into one or two days a week of frantic running around just to eliminate any extra driving back and forth. But almost $7.00?!? That's ridiculous.

I can't help you with that one Speckled...although the price of a barrel of crude has been coming down over the past month or two from $150 to $104...

We are at $3.49. We just went and filled up all 4 vehicles and every can we have plus topped off the tractors and filled the extra diesel cans.

My Momma is in Augusta, Ga. She said gas was $5.29 near her house.

Price gouging is a crime. Those prices are surely criminal acts if they are hedging bets on hurricane weather.

Back
Top Bottom