are y'all better off than you were 4 years ago ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My buisness has been ruined in the last 4 years. I just can't to wait see this clown out of the Whitehouse even if it takes four years and a few months. He is an enemy of buisness unless you are Solyndra. His friends have done well.

Solyndra, Ha now there is an epic fail from the very beginning! You think any other CEO or person could have gotten away with that? Ya lets stick with the man with a plan, or as I like to put it... Plan "A" didn't work so lets try plan "A"! Wait what???? Why is this not a landslide?

My buisness has been ruined in the last 4 years. I just can't to wait see this clown out of the Whitehouse even if it takes four years and a few months. He is an enemy of buisness unless you are Solyndra. His friends have done well.
What are you worried about?? YOU DIDN'T BUILD THAT! SOMEBODY ELSE DID! quote.

Just a simple viewpoint. I read here that Sydney's business has been ruined over the last four years and, of course, it is the government's fault. My business has tripled over the last four years and I am subject to the same governmental influences. Can anyone tell me what the difference is??

PS: I am not Solyndra and I don't have friends, I have a dog.

Just a simple viewpoint. I read here that Sydney's business has been ruined over the last four years and, of course, it is the government's fault. My business has tripled over the last four years and I am subject to the same governmental influences. Can anyone tell me what the difference is?? PS: I am not Solyndra and I don't have friends, I have a dog.
what buisness are ya in ? banker, car repo man, spin doctor ?

Quote:
To satisfy your curiosity I am not in any one of your sarcastic suggestions. My business is a single, stand alone, propane distribution business in a small town where my competitors are Amerigas and Suburban and I do more business then both of them. You should only pray (along with Sydney) that you could find someone like me to run your business and then you would not have to whine about the government putting you out of business which is just nonsense.

Too bad we're not in Australia or Europe. They blame all their problems on the USA. It would then be simple to complain because we'd all agree on the cause. /sarcasm off

Hubby and I are worse off than we have ever been in our married life. We are considered middle class. Both of us have always worked and while we didn't have a lot of money, we were always able to go see a move every now and then and do stuff with the kids. Now our kids are grown and we have grandkids. This should be the time in our lives where we can breathe easier and have a little extra money to do things. Instead we have to wonder from week to week if we are gonna have the money to buy groceries after the bills are paid. We have never lived above our means, always drove older used vehicles, I don't go shopping, we make do. My husband is a mechanic and been at his job for 22 years. I have an associate's degree. It's tough. Gas prices are one of our biggest expenses. Plus with the home loan fallouts of the past few years our mortgage has gone up $155/month, even though we refinanced at a lower interest rate. Banks in our area now figure the property tax and insurance in with the mortgage. My son is finishing up his college degree and my daughter is in college and I am so worried that there won't be jobs for them when they get through.

I am better off than I was 4 yrs ago, because now I have my chickens!!!
Oh & 4 yrs ago both my DH & myself were laid off, & now we are both employed! I'll take it!

We’re doing supper, thanks for asking.

Four yrs ago things didn’t look so good. The economy slump hit my industry quickly but didn’t affect our firm until the last year or so. Currently, it looks like we have leveled out and are starting to do better. In case you were curious, the firm I work for is in the building design/construction industry with an emphasis on “green” building. That is one of the key sercets, moving into work where there is a demand and then working to be the best that you can be.

Personally, the low interest rates are helping us to pay off our home, one of our biggest expenses. So, life is going pretty good.

I hope that everyone that’s not doing well, many blessings. Hang in there, we all care for you guys and we all want to help you guys as much as we can. On that note … Buy American!

Speaking of work, maybe I should get back too it
hide.gif

Jim

I would say most everyone is better off now than they were four years ago, despite a political campaign to try and convince us otherwise. Unemployment just dropped to 7.8%, we aren't losing 800,000 jobs every month(instead we are growing), Dow Jones is at a 5 year high, NASDAQ is at a 10-year high, Iraq has about come to an end, the auto industry is saved, housing market is finally turning around. I don't really get how people can say they aren't better off now. I think they are just falling victim to false rhetoric. Oil is a global commodity, it would be nice if we could directly control it and drop prices to a quarter/gallon but I won't hold my breath. I think the current state of government assistance was inevitable irregardless of who won in 2008... I mean geez, 800,000 jobs lost monthly? It shouldn't come as a surprise that more people would start looking for assistance.

Really I'm better off now? I haven't had a raise in 4 years, I finished college and have student loans but can't find a different job in my degree field because I do not have 2-5 years experience that employers are asking for (and getting due to the people who are under employed and unemployment has ran out for the numbers are not relfected in the unemployment reports of filers) my company is closing facilities and changing job descriptions to get more work done that is physically possible by a person with the hours one is able to do. full time positions are being eleminated and the hours are shrinking for part timers and the part time staff numbers are also dwindling. So no I am not better off than I was 4 years ago. I wish I could afford to buy what you are smoking to believe such.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom