Are YOU "ALLOWED" to shoot fox that is after your chickens??

Status
Not open for further replies.
An AMEN to all those that fought for our freedom.
wee.gif

thumbsup.gif

Mistylady, here in Ohio we are allow to trap and kill them if after our livestock. Matter of fact with coon you must kill them,can not relocate them. Not sure on the foxes.

Last edited:
I have almost quit posting on this topic, because there is so much misinformation out there. Last time I posted on this topic, and told them what I do with predators, I got called an outlaw among other nasty names.
So I posted back with the regulations directly from the DWF reg book, and people still had the nerve totell me I was wrong. Bottom line is this:
Foxes,bobcat, and coyote are considered nuisiance. Also possum and racoon. All you need is a 5.00 basic liscence to kill them, unless they pose a direct threat to livestock, but you must report to DWF. You may also take mink and otter with a trapper liscence.
As for chicken hawks and other birds of prey that are not migratory, are like any other resident animal. Since they are not a game bird, though, you must get permission from your state DWF. Just let them know that they are posing a threat to domestic fowl.
Federal law has absolutely no say so with non endangered species.
The process for migratory birds is a little more complicated. I have stood on the levee of a cwawfish pond with 3 DWF agents and eliminated night heron, egret, carmorant, and great blue heron. These are all migratory federally protected birds. The permit process is so tedious, though, you may lose 25,000 pounds of ccrawfish by the time you get permitted. The only rule tat I am aware of is tht you must leave them lay. You can not pick them up for table fare. Sometimes the game wardens will take the carcasses for research.

Cant wait to see how much fun the weekend lawyers have with this one.

Quote:
With all due respect you might want to study your history. The Civil war did not start over slavery.

True State rights, and Southern States pulling out of the United States.

My point Federal laws would not have kept Slaves, Federal Law put a stop to it.

Never said war was about slavery, State laws ver Federal Laws.

The Emancipation Proclamation freed the slaves. Prior to that, the Supreme Court said in Dred Scott v. Sandford that "people of African descent imported into the United States and held as slaves, or their descendants—whether or not they were slaves—were not legal persons and could never be citizens of the United States, and that the United States Congress had no authority to prohibit slavery in federal territories. "

So by your mislogic, abolitionists were wrong because they wanted to break the law.

Federal law and federal judges were fine with slavery. It was Lincoln's executive order that ended it.

Quote:
True State rights, and Southern States pulling out of the United States.

My point Federal laws would not have kept Slaves, Federal Law put a stop to it.

Never said war was about slavery, State laws ver Federal Laws.

The Emancipation Proclamation freed the slaves. Prior to that, the Supreme Court said in Dred Scott v. Sandford that "people of African descent imported into the United States and held as slaves, or their descendants—whether or not they were slaves—were not legal persons and could never be citizens of the United States, and that the United States Congress had no authority to prohibit slavery in federal territories. "

So by your mislogic, abolitionists were wrong because they wanted to break the law.

Federal law and federal judges were fine with slavery. It was Lincoln's executive order that ended it.

Let's not get into a political argument when this has nothing to do with the OP. There is a place for these discussions, you can find several blogs on this subject. It is not that I don't have opinions on it, but this informative topic of a predator to our chickens should not be locked.

Our wildlife does NOT belong to the federal government. Our resources belong to the people of this country. The government makes laws that attempt to manage those resources. But the government forgets who they work for and the fact that the people of this country are also a important resource.

I believe any law that denies or prohibits the right to self defense of ones loved ones, and property are unconstitutional. The government only gets away with it because we are complacent. And do not assert that WE are their boss not subjects of a monarchy.

Sometimes you have to do what you know is right, sometimes the only way to challenge a unconstitutional rule is to break it. When a person is arrested for defending their life and their son's life from a predator there is something very very wrong with the system.

A complete simple and basic way of life has all but been eliminated by our government and we let them do it. There is only one state left where you can be a true outdoors person and giving enough time that will be a place of denial too.

Ohhh and AMEN!!!

Last edited:
Quote:
Sorry, but this is simply not true.

Here is a list of the bird species protected by the Federal Migratory Bird Treaty Act.

http://www.fws.gov/migratorybirds/intrnltr/mbta/mbtandx.html

You'll see it includes the Buteos (the genus which includes red tailed hawks) as well as all the other raptors.

Again, for people who don't already know this: the Federal Migratory Bird Treaty Act is FEDERAL law. It supersedes state laws.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom