Are you hosting Thanksgiving this year?

Staying home with DH and DD! The perfect Thanksgiving! Love to cook and bake all by ourselves!
big_smile.png

We decided to stop having our celebration on Thanksgiving Day.

Because I don't sleep well away from home, we stopped traveling.
The kids are grown, so we would be stuck at home alone most years.

Now friends and family show up at our house on the Sunday after Thanksgiving for one last turkey feast.

DH does the turkey, dressing, garlic potatoes & gravy. I do my special sweet potatoes and marshmallows and all the rest. Everyone who shows up brings something to go with the meal.

We always invite one new person who would otherwise be alone, and someone interesting we've recently met and want to get to know better. Over the years we've gathered quite a regular group of oddballs.

This year BYC is invited!

Last edited:
I am taking a turn this year, but it's not the first time I've ever done it. My mother usually does it but she deserves a break from it. We keep it pretty small though, just my parents, my brother and probably his girl friend, and my little family of three. That's all my house will hold anyway! Mom ordered a free range organic turkey from a local farm. I'll roast that here. She'll make some of the sides and at least one pie. I'm doing the breads, pumpkin pie, and the rest of the sides. My brother will bring his infamous "chopped salad" which he brings in a huge stainless bowl. We weighed it last year and it was over 20 lbs. The turkey weighed less.
roll.png

Well, it looks like I am the only one who has to work on Thanksgiving. Just think of me while you all are stuffing your faces with wonderful food.

Well, it looks like I am the only one who has to work on Thanksgiving. Just think of me while you all are stuffing your faces with wonderful food.

So sorry you have to work!

That is yet another reason why we switched ours to the Sunday after.... anyone who has to work can still have turkey!​

We are hosting this year. This will be our last Holiday Season in this house as we are moving to a new one next spring.

Our theme is "Clean out the Cupboards". I will have the family tell me what they want to bring and I will see if any of the ingredients are in the freezer or cupboard.

It's my turn this year. My sister and I rotate years. 2 years ago I fixed dinner and got the flu so hopefully this year will go better.
wink.png
I usually host a big poker game after dinner. I like the extra money for Christmas!! suckers!!!
lol.png

Yea in the past we have turkey day when we can sometime same day sometimes another day. This year we are actually having a chicken that we are raising. She is huge, our landlord gave us meat birds left over from his chicken houses this past June. She is the only one left. We are guessing 7 to 10 pounds when dressed.
Yum Yum!!!!
D.gif

Back
Top Bottom