Are you left handed?

Are you left handed?

• Total voters
I see. So a lefty can write just like a RH person, provided they use adaptive equipment. A writing tablet bound at the top, rather than at the side, and ergo pens. Interesting.
I am honest here.
If I had a left handed kid , which I don't have any, I think I would do my best to make the life as easy as possible for him/her by educating myself about how to make the lefties life easier.
If it is as simple as providing some top bound notebooks , or no metal bound notebooks, or some doohickeys to attach to pen then why not do it?
It is not like you have to order them from Mars.
So if there is anybody responsible , I say it is parents, teachers,other lefties, school authorities to guide a leftie not the kids problem to solve individually.

I am honest here.
If I had a left handed kid , which I don't have any, I think I would do my best to make the life as easy as possible for him/her by educating myself about how to make the lefties life easier.
If it is as simple as providing some top bound notebooks , or no metal bound notebooks, or some doohickeys to attach to pen then why not do it?
It is not like you have to order them from Mars.
So if there is anybody responsible , I say it is parents, teachers,other lefties, school authorities to guide a leftie not the kids problem to solve individually.
That wasn't the gist of your original post. I am RH so I have no skin in the game. I am just a little sad that you came on here, saying that lefties would not have problems writing or have to contort their arms/ hands if they would only learn to hold their pens "correctly" according to you, and that you are getting grey hair bc the lefties won't listen to you. Turns out you do not have a holding method, you have adaptive equipment. And now you are blaming the whole educational system, when the truth is, most lefties have historically and currently no choice but to figure things out the best they can on their own while still at a very young age. And frankly, I say kudos to them for doing so! Very creative and determined of them. You go, Lefties, nothing "sinister"* about that! :clap

*"dexter" is Latin for right-handed; "sinister" is Latin for "left-handed." Please don't shoot the messenger! 🤣

That wasn't the gist of your original post. I am RH so I have no skin in the game. I am just a little sad that you came on here, saying that lefties would not have problems writing or have to contort their arms/ hands if they would only learn to hold their pens "correctly" according to you, and that you are getting grey hair bc the lefties won't listen to you. Turns out you do not have a holding method, you have adaptive equipment. And now you are blaming the whole educational system, when the truth is, most lefties have historically and currently no choice but to figure things out the best they can on their own while still at a very young age. And frankly, I say kudos to them for doing so! Very creative and determined of them. You go, Lefties, nothing "sinister"* about that! :clap

*"dexter" is Latin for right-handed; "sinister" is Latin for "left-handed." Please don't shoot the messenger! 🤣
Here is my original post copied and pasted:

To all the lefties who have been complaining about difficulties you or your relative have with writing on notebooks compare to righties.

I have noticed in Canada and USA the majority of lefties I have encountered hold the pen wrongly in their hands and I mean painfully wrong.
Not that righties are all perfect pen holders of the world here also but the righties are much better than lefties in holding pen correctly.

In my generation in Iran (born 1968) it was a huge part of education in my primary school to hold the pen correctly . Why? Because if you do not , it creates problems including early fatigue of fingers, muscle ache, slower writing speed, painful pen or pencil, blisters or callus on fingers and even problems that notebooks suddenly seems designed for Righties( which in not true ). Notebooks are neutral last time I checked.

So LEFTIES, are you sure the problem is not in holding pen that needed to be addressed the first days of school (system failure) and never been fixed or you are sure that notebooks are designed for Righties. I am confused and need some clarifications from you Lefties .
=========================================================
I watched the video and concluded this from video:

If you are trained and educated leftie early in your life, you can adapt to difficulties of being lefty by just improving your grip and angle of notebook and your correct posture.

If that is not enough for you or you are later in your life or you want comfort then those doohickies and special pens and top bound notebooks are another step .

To me watching the video does not indicate that the only way to have a normal writing life is special accessories but that is me. I am a medical doctor who has not worked in medical field for more than 15 years.

I have had numerous lefties as my friends back in Iran and here in North America just like everybody else and I can tell you Iranian lefties of my generation had less problem being lefty not because they had special pen or notebook but because they were guided relatively well to hold the pen.

Wow, spiral bound notebooks are right handed?!
What about us poor folk who actually had to use both sides of the paper in a notebook and had to deal with that binding half the time. Where's my sympathy, lol

We also have rarely used " ambisinister " which means clumsy with both hands.
Shoot the messenger please.

Back
Top Bottom