Are You Tied Down by Your Birds? What about Vacations?

This is a concern we're facing now. We love to travel in our RV, but not sure how to handle our "free-range" gander. Not many people around except us, so he's not really socialized. Letting him out in the morning is easy - but getting him back in his enclosure at night could be a real problem!
Post in your state thread, there may be someone close by who could take him for the week. If you were here I'd let him stay at m house!

This is a concern we're facing now. We love to travel in our RV, but not sure how to handle our "free-range" gander. Not many people around except us, so he's not really socialized. Letting him out in the morning is easy - but getting him back in his enclosure at night could be a real problem!
my peafowl leave the area when a stranger arrives, our pets recognize us and that adds to the difficulty.

Post in your state thread, there may be someone close by who could take him for the week. If you were here I'd let him stay at m house!
Wow! I didn't know we had State threads! That's a great idea. How would you transport a goose, and do you think it would be terribly traumatic to take him to someone else's home?

I have been away just shy of 2 weeks. I left LOTS of extra food and water for my gang and they did just fine. Sadly, I do not have anyone that can come by and look in on things. We just got back from a week long trip and again, all was well. Did I worry? Yes!
Cindy

I have been away just shy of 2 weeks. I left LOTS of extra food and water for my gang and they did just fine. Sadly, I do not have anyone that can come by and look in on things. We just got back from a week long trip and again, all was well. Did I worry? Yes!
Cindy
So...you didn't have anyone to let them out in the morning and put them back in the evening? My one gander sleeps in a 12' x 12' screened space. He puts a LOT of poop in and around his little pond overnight! I can't imagine what it would look like if I left for a long weekend! How many geese do you have, and how do you put out extra food and water?

3Geese, 4 ducks and several chickens that free roam. I have chickens that are in a big pen that is totally enclosed with an attached shed. Poop was not a problem and as I said , all was well when we came home. I filled up several feeders both for the free range birds and the closed up ones. Lots of extra waterers as well. The free range birds have access to a pond as well.

Back
Top Bottom