Are your guineas laying yet?

Jmiller89

Songster
Apr 20, 2020
Hi I’m on the east coast and wondering when my guinea is going to start laying. Last year she started at the end of March and this year I thought she was going to do the same since the male has been chasing her around and she has been checking out where the other birds lay. Not sure if she is starting later as this is her second year laying or if she has a good hiding spot for her nest this year. Anyone else’s guineas still not laying?

Hi I’m on the east coast and wondering when my guinea is going to start laying. Last year she started at the end of March and this year I thought she was going to do the same since the male has been chasing her around and she has been checking out where the other birds lay. Not sure if she is starting later as this is her second year laying or if she has a good hiding spot for her nest this year. Anyone else’s guineas still not laying?
It is normal for guinea hens to lay a little later each year as they age. My guinea hens are not laying yet.

Mine do pretty good. I have a barrel in their pen they lay in.
That’s good. Mine are free range, in a pasture that they can get out of if they try. They rarely come out though. They like to hang out with their goose buddy. The first eggs I found from our girl last year was in the mud by our compost pile lol. Not sure why she thought that was a good place.

Back
Top Bottom