Are Your Muscovys Still Laying Eggs?

kuntrygirl

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
11 Years
Feb 20, 2008
Opelousas, Louisiana
I think my girls have retired for the year. :/ I got my last eggs about 2 weeks ago. No more eggs for the year. :( They did pretty good this year. It looks like they layed a total of 10 1/2 months beginning the end of the year in 2011 until now.

Are your girls still laying eggs?

No, Miss Lilly stopped about a week maybe two week ago... for a bit ago i had everyone laying, sorry but i don't need that many eggs lol We sent up two 18pkg's of eggs up to MIL, should be interesting to see what happens this winter, i have had some 'scovies lay periodically in the past.

No, Miss Lilly stopped about a week maybe two week ago... for a bit ago i had everyone laying, sorry but i don't need that many eggs lol We sent up two 18pkg's of eggs up to MIL, should be interesting to see what happens this winter, i have had some 'scovies lay periodically in the past.

You have a nice number of ducks over there. I'm sure your family will love the duck eggs.

You have a nice number of ducks over there. I'm sure your family will love the duck eggs.

Funny enough they are rather hard to convince people of around here, i can't sell them at all... should be fun come next spring as i added 3 more ducks this summer....

I actually started making the dogs scrambled eggs
gig.gif

Funny enough they are rather hard to convince people of around here, i can't sell them at all... should be fun come next spring as i added 3 more ducks this summer....

I actually started making the dogs scrambled eggs :gig

If you have any bakeries or local chefs that bake, they may enjoy baking with them. I have a lot of people who bake that buy ALL of the duck eggs.

And you added 3 more???!!!!!!!!!! :th That should be fun.

I bet the dogs like the scrambled eggs. Those jokers are hard to scramble for some reason. :/

People just don't know what they are missing.....i finally had my first duck egg... oh two years ago(?)....they taste great, wonderful to bake with....etc. they are hard to find around here and when you do they are too costly... you're lucky :)

People just don't know what they are missing.....i finally had my first duck egg... oh two years ago(?)....they taste great, wonderful to bake with....etc.     they are hard to find around here and when you do they are too costly...   you're lucky  :)

What's the price of a dozen duck eggs in your area?

we sell out every week of duck and chicken eggs and have a waiting list for goose

there was on scovy egg this morning in their stall.

Good job at selling out. :thumbsup

Are people for goose eggs for eating or hatching?

So your scovies are still laying huh? That's great! When did they start and when do you expect them to stop?

Back
Top Bottom