Are your roos mean or nice?

Are your roos nice or mean?

• Nice

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mean

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Quote:
I had 2 EE roos, Silkie roo and Silver Laced Polish roo. And we have lost almost all our chickens!!!!
hit.gif

I have one hen that can only be described as "visually impaired" and she has a hard time locating the treats that are tossed into the run. One of the roos has figured this out and blocks the others from getting all the treats as he calls her over to get her share.

You gotta admit, that's nice.
smile.png

My sweet Chase is the nicest rooster I have ever had. I have at least 2 young cockerals, they are fine right now...but you never know. But I love Chase.

Quote:
IMO, if he's not aggressive to you but just avoids you instead, leave him that way. My roo avoids me because he knows that I am the head honcho - just as he would an alpha roo. I can handle him when I need to, but I usually wait for him to go to roost before trying to pick him up.

I wouldnt go as far as saying mine is nice but he leaves me and all other people alone and takes good care of his ladies. Just the other day my german shepard/rottie mix got out and was chasing the chickens and he was all trying to fight her
roll.png

Ramses the Great is perfect (by chicken standards). He'll chase anything he thinks is after the girls, including people, but ONLY if he gets spooked. CASE IN POINT: When one of the kids ran around the corner of the house screaming "ROOOAAAARRRRRR!!!!" Ramses went after her but didn't draw blood. Is that mean? I think not. At all other times he can be picked up and carried football-style by anyone, including the kids. That's chicken perfect!

Back
Top Bottom