ARG!!!! Vent to high school trouble makers

I wish I were still in high school with THOSE problems!!!
(I think they would frown on a 38 year old looking for a prom date thought!!! LOL)
sickbyc.gif

Really though, I look back and laugh about what I THOUGHT was a HUGE MAJOR problem!!! LOL "He said, She said" HA!

I don't mean to make light of your situation, but most of us "old people" have been there, done that, and got a bag of chips on the way out.
Right now it's big deal but in a few years, I promise, no one will give a second thought....really
So deal with it, but don't get hung up on it.
yippiechickie.gif

I hung out with the art freaks and the nerds in HS, I don't think we were socially subtle enough to do gossip. As an adult I did become friends with a woman who was one of the other types (she was the mean "popular" girl), who I came to find out still had the same petty attitude and tendencies as she did 15 years before in HS. It was quite a shock, but it was pretty easy to shrug it off and walk away, shaking my head in disbelief the whole time.

One of the biggest powers we have is the ability to choose who we want to associate with. If someone is continuously driving you nuts with drama and petty gossip, you really don't have to put up with it.

I totally know what your going through. My friends do stuff like that too
he.gif
, and you just can't spend time thinking about it, when you have better stuff to do. It's really hard sometimes to get over, and sometimes, venting to good friends is one of the best things to do. I always vent to my best friend, and I know she won't tell anyone, so it makes me say what I have been holding inside, but safe because no one else is going to find out.

I applaud you for doing your best to stay out of it. That is definitely the way to go.
hugs.gif

Very mature on your part!!
clap.gif

Ditto what the others said: High School is like a social experiment on a large scale that would be halted immediately by any ethical sociologist!

What a heinous place they usually are. Keep your feet on the ground and your chin up grit your teeth and focus on what comes next.

High School ends thanks be to all that is sane.

Oh Yeah I remember my mother used to say that people who say

High school was the happiest time of my life.

are to be pitied! Can you imagine living for another 70 years and having the Happiest time of your life have been over by 18????? (This is usually only said by people who were highly popular during high school and utter failures after!!
lol.png
)

Besides it gets better!

I have WHAT in my yard? :

Oh Yeah I remember my mother used to say that people who say

High school was the happiest time of my life.

are to be pitied! Can you imagine living for another 70 years and having the Happiest time of your life have been over by 18????? (This is usually only said by people who were highly popular during high school and utter failures after!!
lol.png
)

Besides it gets better!

I never really thought about it that way, ya learn something every day!​

Quote:
I am dreading my son going ot highschool. the education in the classroom is only part of it. It is the peer pressure outside the classrooms that one needs to be strong for.

Life is so much easier after highschool. Stick with it --keep your nose straight, and avoid the gossip. You're doing great!

Well....

to those belittling the situation
thanks...

to those who have given me words of comfort and encouragement
YOUR AWESOME!

to miss_jayne:
I didn't take a picture of chuck in with me! I took HIM in with me!
*we're tight like that =]* hehe

Well an update on the situation:
I was gonna go on an FFA field trip with the drama starter up until when everything started, my other friend going on it is begging me to go [theres only like 8 people going, its a CDL field trip] so she can keep sane, but if i'm stuck with the other girl [ i forgot what i named her hehe] I will go INSANE... but i may go, if i can seclude her in a closet...forever

HAHAHA I know what you mean. I have to deal with it to. I am the only hick/country boy, redneck, and farmer (i am ok with all 4 names) at my school. People make fun of me but i just keep my mouth shut because I know one day when every one wants organic food they will come to me lol

Support your local farmer or watch the houses grow!

Back
Top Bottom