1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Arizona Chickens

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by paynemom, Jan 30, 2008.

1. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    Quote:Learn to lay tile in your laundry room or something for the first few times. Pay someone to lay the tile in the bathroom.

Years ago we renovated (pulled up sheet vinyl and laid tiled and unwallpapered) a bathroom. DH and elder DS laid the tile. And it all came loose witin a couple of weeks. So I relaid it. First thing I did was speak to the folks at Home Depot, and ended up getting an addative for the thinset. Next thing was that I made sure that the tile was more firmly pushed (not sure of proper word--I considered "pounded" and "squished," lol) into the thinset. Third, I made sure that it had no traffic for a couple of days longer than the recommended time. And the tiles on that floor never budged. A year or so later laid tiles in the other bathroom with no issues. When we moved, in fixing up the house, we hired someone who advertised in the newspaper--he left grout and thinset on the carpet in the middle of the living room. THER WAS NO REASON for grout or thinset to have EVER been in there; being there was literally out of the way and extra steps for him to have taken.

In this house, when we laid tile, there was quite a bit, and I hired a professional who came with high recommendations.

2. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    Quote:The Feed Barn, 2428 West Lone Cactus Road. East of I-17 and south of Deer Valley.

3. mclevinson

mclevinson Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2010
    Gilbert AZ
    Quote:Yeah, I snuck in Lacey. DH is an anti-chickenite poopiehead.

4. mclevinson

Sep 20, 2010
    Gilbert AZ
    Quote:Maybe a cot would fit, then he could sleep and barf without a mess.

Plastic pool lounge? Made to be washed off with a hose, and fairly comfy for children. Also low to the ground.

5. mclevinson

Sep 20, 2010
    Gilbert AZ
    Quote:Well, I have redworms, too. Maybe it is getting a little out of hand...

I want earthworms for my garden too. Which are best for Arizona and where could I get them? I hace some PVC cut to make in-ground compost feeders and am anxious to get that started.

6. mclevinson

Sep 20, 2010
    Gilbert AZ
    Quote:Added to the Lowes List. Check!

7. Mandymooligan

Mandymooligan Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2011
    Chino Valley, AZ
    [​IMG]

My new babies!!![​IMG]

8. mclevinson

Sep 20, 2010
    Gilbert AZ
    Wow, go to bed early and get totally left behind in the dust.

Laree, that's amazing wonderful tile work. And Mr. BigBarf is so cute I fully understand how he could get away with barfing on you, peeing on the bedsted, and giving you a fat lip. You'll wanna watch that trend, huh?

Constance - thanks for the wormie tips.

MandyMooligan - congrats! Did you stand by the entrance tapping on the glass saying "open-open-open" until they let you in? Why do I have this visual you ask? 'Cause I would've.

Bob's Nuthouse - - The grapes have good sun and airflow. Probably have wet feet. I think I did a poor job of amending the soil when I threw them into the ground where we pulled the dead orange tree out. [​IMG]

9. Tanichca

Tanichca Sparkle Magnet

May 6, 2009
    Vail, Arizona
    I dont think i can wait three weeks, i want those phoenixes RIGHT NOW.[​IMG]

10. turkeybreeder

turkeybreeder Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2010
    Mesa Arizona
    good luck with hatching

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by