Arizona Chickens

That's a good question... I just made a few calls.

"How much do you charge for Layer Crumbles?" Tucson Edition

Carter Feeds (1430 W Wetmore Rd) $14.99

O K Feed & Supply (3701 East Fort Lowell Road) $15.51

Old Town Feed and Supply (5665 West Ajo Highway) $15.99

Taylor Tack & Feed (9535 East Golf Links Road) $13.99

Tucson Feed (7878 East Tanque Verde Road) $13.99

Vaquero Feed & Livestock Supply (3301 North Freeway Road) $14.35

West Ajo Feed & Supply (4602 West Ajo Highway) $14.50

Maybe I should have asked about the brand and if they are including tax, but oh well.

Last edited:
TT! :

That's a good question... I just made a few calls.

"How much do you charge for Layer Crumbles?" Tucson Edition

Carter Feeds (1430 W Wetmore Rd) $14.99

O K Feed & Supply (3701 East Fort Lowell Road) $15.51

Old Town Feed and Supply (5665 West Ajo Highway) $15.99

Taylor Tack & Feed (9535 East Golf Links Road) $13.99

Tucson Feed (7878 East Tanque Verde Road) $13.99

Vaquero Feed & Livestock Supply (3301 North Freeway Road) $14.35

West Ajo Feed & Supply (4602 West Ajo Highway) $14.50

Maybe I should have asked about the brand and if they are including tax, but oh well.

I doubt tax is included. Brand probably makes a big difference.​

Quote:
I was wondering if you had fallen off the edge of the earth, just this afternoon in fact!

How goes the predator battle on the edge of the desert?

Well, I haven't fallen off the edge of he earth, but I have definitely fallen off of BYC! I just wasn't getting the email updates and was getting really behind on the conversations. Even now, I am pages behind! Have we caught up to the Okies yet??

All is well, so far, on the predator front. We saw 3 bobcats together a few weeks ago. Looked like a mother and 2 older cubs. What a cool sighting!! None in the yard recently. Chooks have been spending a ton of time out of the coop, too. They just pick each other clean if we keep them penned up.

We lost one of our Polish girls. DD was so sad. We have a bad case of poultry lice. We have tried everything and they keep coming back. I finally bought a bottle of pour on cattle wormer, but I am nervous about trying it. No matter what we do, we have to do it every 3 weeks until the end of time and I am sick and tired of fighting this battle. Suggestions welcome. But keep in mind, whatever your suggestion is - we probably already tried that. So, this predator is getting our chickens daily. The Polish that died had it the worst.

On the home front - February - water started leaking out from under our kitchen island. Upon further inspection we found that a hose (to the refrigerator) has probably been leaking since we built our house 8 years ago and we had a pretty bad case of mold behind the kitchen cabinets. So- they came and took out my kitchen island where my sink and dishwasher live!! We have been without a sink in the kitchen for 3 1/2 months now. What a nightmare! It has been H. E. double hockey sticks to find someone to get the cabinets built. There are a lot of bad contractors out there! But I am confident we found a good one. 4 more weeks to go and my kitchen should be back together.

Hope everyone is well. I have a few minutes to read through some of the recent pages...

Quote:
I was wondering if you had fallen off the edge of the earth, just this afternoon in fact!

How goes the predator battle on the edge of the desert?

Well, I haven't fallen off the edge of he earth, but I have definitely fallen off of BYC! I just wasn't getting the email updates and was getting really behind on the conversations. Even now, I am pages behind! Have we caught up to the Okies yet??

All is well, so far, on the predator front. We saw 3 bobcats together a few weeks ago. Looked like a mother and 2 older cubs. What a cool sighting!! None in the yard recently. Chooks have been spending a ton of time out of the coop, too. They just pick each other clean if we keep them penned up.

We lost one of our Polish girls. DD was so sad. We have a bad case of poultry lice. We have tried everything and they keep coming back. I finally bought a bottle of pour on cattle wormer, but I am nervous about trying it. No matter what we do, we have to do it every 3 weeks until the end of time and I am sick and tired of fighting this battle. Suggestions welcome. But keep in mind, whatever your suggestion is - we probably already tried that. So, this predator is getting our chickens daily. The Polish that died had it the worst.

On the home front - February - water started leaking out from under our kitchen island. Upon further inspection we found that a hose (to the refrigerator) has probably been leaking since we built our house 8 years ago and we had a pretty bad case of mold behind the kitchen cabinets. So- they came and took out my kitchen island where my sink and dishwasher live!! We have been without a sink in the kitchen for 3 1/2 months now. What a nightmare! It has been H. E. double hockey sticks to find someone to get the cabinets built. There are a lot of bad contractors out there! But I am confident we found a good one. 4 more weeks to go and my kitchen should be back together.

Hope everyone is well. I have a few minutes to read through some of the recent pages...

Gotta ask...
Have you tried Neem oil for the mites? Kills people lice and nits. Stinky but effective.

Quote:

Gotta ask...
Have you tried Neem oil for the mites? Kills people lice and nits. Stinky but effective.

No, we haven't tried that. What must i do with the neem oil?

Quote:
Gotta ask...

No, we haven't tried that. What must i do with the neem oil?

Just read up on how to use it for humans. Um... I have 18 chickens.

Back
Top Bottom