Arizona Chickens

Quote:
mikey

will you keep us posted on the progress of your chickies on this new feed? i decided not to order it for various reasons, i am happy with my manna pro(except that sometimes they run out)but am just curious how the chickens will do on this corn and soy free feed. oh wait, you don't have layers yet. drat.

Quote:
mikey

will you keep us posted on the progress of your chickies on this new feed? i decided not to order it for various reasons, i am happy with my manna pro(except that sometimes they run out)but am just curious how the chickens will do on this corn and soy free feed. oh wait, you don't have layers yet. drat.

And I do not believe I got the soy free. As a matter of fact, I think I ordered the wrong stuff.

When I saw the list it said: 17% Broiler / chick finisher - the noob thought this was good for either Broilers or the later stages of chicks before they start to lay.

Evidently it is for finishing broiler chicks.
hu.gif

I'm sure it will be OK as I have seen so many posts about all the various & sundry junque people feed thier chickens (mostly from me though
gig.gif
)

Tracy got 1/2 ton (literally) of layer - we'll have to keep an eye on her...

Will keep you posted...

Quote:
The ceramic heater didn't work out, so I took apart my foam bators and am installing one heat coil on top and one on bottom. The upper fan is installed and the lower fan is ready to go!. Will be plugged in again right after the kids go to school.. Mikey swooped in last evening with at the second fan AND a backup! Redundancy rocks!

Also drilled a hole for the humidity control. I have a container for water AND a sponge for both humidity requirements. Can't WAIT!

mikey what did it cost for the broiler feed

Quote:
mikey

And I do not believe I got the soy free. As a matter of fact, I think I ordered the wrong stuff.

When I saw the list it said: 17% Broiler / chick finisher - the noob thought this was good for either Broilers or the later stages of chicks before they start to lay.

hu.gif

I'm sure it will be OK as I have seen so many posts about all the various & sundry junque people feed thier chickens (mostly from me though
gig.gif
)

Will keep you posted...

I have 2 Free Roosters from Wayne Merideth |ines . 1 is a gorgeouSblack boy massivebeard and small comb.The other is bLUe who got his beard p|ucKed. but he iS growing it out .

Chicken update:

My house is in Zone S6, apparently most of the lots here are 6000 sf or less. However, my lot is 8442, big enough to be zoned S8...legal for chickens. I'm going to talk to a lawyer and see if there is ANY way to get an exemption to the current zone. It sounds doubtful, but hey, who knows. Of course zoning wants nothin' to do with it, but never say die, right?

Quote:

hu.gif

gig.gif
)

Will keep you posted...

$18 & change for 50 lbs.

Back
Top Bottom