Arizona Chickens

I have a new award!! Look under my name....
I was pretty active when I lived in Washington. But that was two(?) versions ago and those postings are gone. I'm not even sure if that date is right. I'm pretty sure I was in the old one before then

Thank you admin for the pretty ribbon!!!

Congratulations!!!

So what is the frequency of Black Australorps going broody?

This gal has been in the nest box all day & I just found her still in it tonight 9:15PM.

She (or her sister) was in it yesterday as well.

So what is the frequency of Black Australorps going broody?

This gal has been in the nest box all day & I just found her still in it tonight 9:15PM.

She (or her sister) was in it yesterday as well.

My BA was the first to go broody from my bunch. It sounds like you might need to think about getting some fertile eggs.

I was supposed to meet up with a local today for some fertile BA eggs and he bailed on me. Why advertise if you aren't going to follow through?
I was reading up on them and it seemed like they are good broody hens

Last edited:
I was supposed to meet up with a local today for some fertile BA eggs and he bailed on me. Why advertise if you aren't going to follow through?
I was reading up on them and it seemed like they are good broody hens

Thanks Gallo & Sherrie.

But I don't want a broody hen, I want eggie wegs!
tongue.gif

Besides - she is sett'n on a ceramic "don't peck on me" egg
gig.gif

OK - who has a couple of fertile eggs?

Last edited:
Quote:
You should try some eggs from Trader Joes! I've been dying to try it. If you get the white cage free, organic, you'll get leghorns. There's a whole thread on it here on BYC somewhere.
My sister has some under her cochin right now.
Just try to get the freshest eggs you can. The number printed on the carton is the day of the year laid or processed or something like that.

just got back yesterday afternoon from girly scout camp. we froze up there in the SNOW, the girls had a blast though. i am beat but am ready to sell off some hens. i just can't have this many any more. i know, jaws drop
ep.gif
i am thinking about the kids summer schedule and it is very hectic, so i feel it's not fair to my hennies. plus, i lost a big egg customer who decided to go vegan. that hurts. my flock is healthy, i don't let anyone in there, as mikey knows
lau.gif
and i just eprinexed everyone a few weeks ago, no signs of any critters, although they are due tonight for worming now that i am back. so here is what i have available:
salmon faverolle
easter eggers
lots of silkie babies in white, blue, black, buff (not hatchery stock)
perhaps a few basque pullets and a basque roo

pm me for details/questions

Back
Top Bottom