Arizona Chickens

Unfortunately no - Floppsy was an App Spitz and the one that went missing was a silkie/cochin cross.

Yes I said was. I went out today and she was dead in the coop.

Not having a good run of luck so far.

Down from 21 to 16 cluckers
I'm so sorry Mikey.
hugs.gif

That was Phoenix, right? I don't know of one in Tucson, LMS. It would be great if there was!

There have been a couple of chicken coop tours in Tucson. The ones I know about were run by someone from the Food Conspiracy Co-op (on Fourth Ave.) The first tour was in May 2009. There was another one in December 2009, and I think I've read about one or two more but I seem to have dropped off their email list so I don't have any details. You might want to contact the Co-op to see when/if there will be another tour. If enough people ask they might plan another one
big_smile.png

My 3 laying hens (hope more start laying soon!) Ghost Buster (white leghorn), Mumbia (Black Star), and White Tip (Red Star)

Nana and Mumbia enjoying some nice, cold, fresh, and refreshing watermelon!

LOL! Maybe muscovies are a quieter duck breed? I have a Magpie (Cupcake) and a Khaki Cambell (Cy-Lo). Cy-Lo (stands for Cyndi Lauper due to the tuft on the side of her head...very 80's
gig.gif
) is SOOOOO noisy! talks non-stop. Nana is pretty quiet. She likes to sit and watch everything around her. She is super smart. I have carried her around like a baby many times a day since she was 24 hours old. She is very friendly, but has a nipping issue. She doesn't nip hard...but since she is smart, I am able to train her not to. Every time she goes to nip, I grab her bill and say "Nooooo". She learned fast to not nip. Now? She hardly ever nips at all. I love her
love.gif

Quote: Muscovies don't "QUACK" they hiss. But they can be rather scary looking with their funky carnunkles.

There seem to be a lot of new, totally chicken naive new members, I just read 2 almost identical new threads in the emergency section.
"What's wrong with my hen. She wont come out of the nesting box, is puffed up, cranky and just growls at me......." I have been giggling for the past 30 minutes. I love it!!! Now that kind of emergency I can help with!!
lau.gif

No offense intended to any new chicken owner.....

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom