Arizona Chickens

So good to see you are back... The worse part is trying to find it once it does pass.. :sick

For weeks I was sifting through their poop every morning. Hard not to feel glamorous doing that. Have you had this happen before @City farm? They normally do pass it? I was looking on other threads and it wasn't overwhelmingly positive. However, the screw she ate is much smaller than any other story I read.

So good to see you are back... The worse part is trying to find it once it does pass.. :sick

For weeks I was sifting through their poop every morning. Hard not to feel glamorous doing that. Have you had this happen before @City farm? They normally do pass it? I was looking on other threads and it wasn't overwhelmingly positive. However, the screw she ate is much smaller than any other story I read.

Never found my pearl earring. :hit
It was so fast, :smack

Never found my pearl earring. :hit
It was so fast, :smack

I know, right?! She was like lightning. She was on the second one before I could even react. I grabbed the second one out of her beak, but they are so quick. I'm hoping they can still live a normal life even if they don't pass it. I know there are concerns with toxicity and obviously perforation. Perforation doesn't seem to be an issue with her case though, which is good, she's been acting healthy and happy. But since this dirt came from the farm, I imagine there must be all kinds of little bits of metal on a farm that the chickens would find. And their chickens aren't keeling over all the time, so I'm thinking it's possible she'll be fine anyway. Hopefully. This was like almost a month ago that she ate it.

Last edited:
Oh no, is it Boss Hogg?

Rosco this time. Fortunately Boss Hogg did well on the meds and got over her laryngitis. So she's doing well. But god knows if she has stuff inside her too! When I was looking to see if she passed the screw, I had a neodymium magnet I was using to scan the yard. I found all kinds of metal crap. Nails, screws, bits of wire and mesh, paper clips. We got our dirt from a nearby farm, so if think it was just in there. :/ I wish I had realized earlier there was so much junk in the dirt.

Oh no. :barnie. That is a real bummer... Bless their hearts.. Have you had any weird symptoms?

Oh no. :barnie. That is a real bummer... Bless their hearts.. Have you had any weird symptoms?

Thanks City farm. None so far, she's been acting perfectly normal and seems to feel fine, even with the heat having set in. But I've got the worry in the back of my mind with her. Fingers crossed. :fl

Glad you posted this.. They love shinny things.. I don't wear jewelry when I go love on them.. They also love to peck at buttons..
And red polished toe nails
ep.gif

Back
Top Bottom