Arizona Chickens

I agree Marcy.
BTW I gave someone your info that wanted fertile eggs and or chickens.I do not know them they contacted me from a pre hot season CL add I had for fresh eggs. Just thought I would give you the heads up. (gave them your web page info told them you have a lot for sale and were very knowledgeable). :)

Thanks! I really need to thin out my growing birds but it has been so hot, I haven't wanted to do any culling. Still have a lot of pullets to sell and put an ad on CL, trying to sell the whole lot of Delawares. Hard to find someone local serious enough into breeding them to SOP. We put 4 young birds that I processed several days ago into the solar cooker this morning. Beats having the oven on in this heat
wink.png

We want 2! Does anyone want to do a order together??

I was thinking that as well. I wonder if they would do special pricing for a group buy? There's a video on Youtube of it, it makes a dramatic difference in the volume of the crow, you can barely hear it. I think this would let a LOT of city folk keep roosters without upsetting neighbors. If it truly works as well on all roo's as it did in the video. Looks pretty simple to make one if you are handy with a needle & thread. Or maybe buy one & reverse engineer it? Either way, I think I wouldn't mind having a few of these for my coops with the noisiest roos..

We will have to watch ths video for sure.. It will save mostly on shipping..

Shoppers had a tip on their FB page a few days ago that I decided to try. Put BOSS in a bowl of cold water & ice to encourage your chickens to drink more. Mine loved it. I also do frozen fruit bowls for them - cut up different fruit, put in bowl of water & freeze, give the frozen fruit bowl to your chickens. They love it on these hot days. I also do it on a smaller scale using ice cube trays.

Ice water with frozen fruit, great idea.. :goodpost:

BYC SEED EXCHANGE
July 4th 7:30 pm till ?
Knights of Pyths
1606 East Apache Boulvard
Tempe
:highfive:
Bring your favorite dish to share & your own drinks..
Play a game of pool, darts cards & other board games..
If we do fireworks make sure they are legal.. Usually we do 9 pm & midnight
Bring yor family, kids, neighbors and invite your friends..
:woot

This sounds like too much FUN! I'm going to have to drop in for Sure!:):yiipchick
Can we bring fireworks? ?

FUNNY question! How'd you grow your wheat grass?It looks yummy!!!!!

Yes to legal fireworks..
Take the size of basket you want, use coconut mixed with potting soil in the bottom.. Put the seed on top, the water.. However we get ours from a local store owner that saves them for the flock..
Glad you will be going in the 4th of July fun..

Today was a hardest day since I started raising chickens. I lost Two birds to the heat, both just started laying! It was devastating and a bit hard to get over with. I had a water leakage this morning so I turned the water off to fix the leak. When I was done I left in a hurry to meet my friends for lunch. They were all well when I left at 12:15pm. I had lunch and then did grocery shopping afterwards and got home at 2:40pm, in about two hours I found two dead birds! Only then I realized the mister was not on. I always think musters are nice to have but didn't think it as difference between life and death. SAD!!!!!

Now I have three vacants to fill anybody let me know if you have pullets for sale.

Today was a hardest day since I started raising chickens. I lost Two birds to the heat, both just started laying! It was devastating and a bit hard to get over with. I had a water leakage this morning so I turned the water off to fix the leak. When I was done I left in a hurry to meet my friends for lunch. They were all well when I left at 12:15pm. I had lunch and then did grocery shopping afterwards and got home at 2:40pm, in about two hours I found two dead birds! Only then I realized the mister was not on. I always think musters are nice to have but didn't think it as difference between life and death. SAD!!!!!

Now I have three vacants to fill anybody let me know if you have pullets for sale.

Ouch. That is rough.
hugs.gif

For what it's worth, this is exactly why I don't use misters or other artificial cooling. I let my birds acclimate to the heat instead. You never know when the power will go out, or the misters will clog. And a bird that is used to a cooling system will struggle more in the heat than a bird that has acclimated.

Back
Top Bottom