Arizona Chickens

@City farm @K9Dave

I felt so left out now since I am so experienced......
caf.gif

Thanks for all the welcomes. :> My chicks are about 10 weeks old, so the large comb and waddles are what make me think roosters. I think the black one is an Australorp, but he has feathered feet. Is that typical on that breed? The other rooster is a Naked Neck. Not sure on the red pullet…I've heard Red Sex Link and Golden Comet. I got the eggs from a friend who has a mix of chickens, so mine are probably also a mix. :) Who is planning on getting rid of some hens? Do you think anyone wants to add a rooster to their coop? :-D

Thanks for all the welcomes. :>  My chicks are about 10 weeks old, so the large comb and waddles are what make me think roosters.  I think the black one is an Australorp, but he has feathered feet.  Is that typical on that breed?  The other rooster is a Naked Neck.  Not sure on the red pullet…I've heard Red Sex Link and Golden Comet.  I got the eggs from a friend who has a mix of chickens, so mine are probably also a mix. :)  Who is planning on getting rid of some hens?  Do you think anyone wants to add a rooster to their coop?  :-D

Feathered legs are not normal on an Australorp. Could be a Langshan, or a black cochin.

Thanks for all the welcomes. :>  My chicks are about 10 weeks old, so the large comb and waddles are what make me think roosters.  I think the black one is an Australorp, but he has feathered feet.  Is that typical on that breed?  The other rooster is a Naked Neck.  Not sure on the red pullet…I've heard Red Sex Link and Golden Comet.  I got the eggs from a friend who has a mix of chickens, so mine are probably also a mix. :)  Who is planning on getting rid of some hens?  Do you think anyone wants to add a rooster to their coop?  :-D
Is 10 weeks old too old for you @Macboat?

Now I think I'm just over doing the @ stuff. Lol

Last edited:
Thanks, Carnivore!  I'll look into those breeds.

Also, I wanted to correct a spelling error…I meant "wattles" not "waddles."  Maybe not a big deal, but it's been bugging me..haha! :)

Yeah, bugs me too, but lots of people do it. For a while after I got out of the Navy, I worked as a proofreader. Just finished a book that had so many typos and misspellings that I was going to send a letter to the author, so he could take it up with his publisher. LOL, maybe they're using an android phone to "correct" the spelling, mine drives me crazy. Always changes Marana to Mariana, etc.

Yeah, bugs me too, but lots of people do it. For a while after I got out of the Navy, I worked as a proofreader. Just finished a book that had so many typos and misspellings that I was going to send a letter to the author, so he could take it up with his publisher. LOL, maybe they're using an android phone to "correct" the spelling, mine drives me crazy. Always changes Marana to Mariana, etc.

Check this out, from a friend who laughs at my English:
"The white hen is not up on the roost, do I need to put him up there?"

Back
Top Bottom