Arizona Chickens

Quote:
lucky lucky you. . . .geese are my all time favorite pets. . . .in fact, one of these days. . . .I may just be compelled to get another one. . . . .

Hi all!

frow.gif

on the mealworm subject - we are in mid process of raising some of the big ones (the king worms that are tan with dark stripes).

We have several beetles now and are hoping that they do their thing! Other worms are doing the transition to the 'creature' that they turn into in between worm & beetle...sooo weird looking.

sickbyc.gif

I will let you all know how we do....

Completely off topic, but where is the best place for inexpensive antibiotics without insurance?

My grandmother's dog attacked my 2 year old today. The actual doctor appointment was only $80.00, but the antibiotics are $120.00 at Walgreens. Blah.

Look around to see if you can find a coupon or $25 "if you move your perscription here". CVS and FRYS usually have them out. Also- call your doc & tell hm you cant afford it. Ask him for any "samples" they have on hand.

Quote:
Ooh! Asking for samples is a good idea. And I just realized that tomorrow isn't Saturday (this has been a crazy week) so I can call the doctor and ask if there is a different version we can use. I tried to call a little bit ago and sat on hold for 45 minutes... gave up at 5pm.

I called the Sams Club Pharmacy and they don't carry it in this number of milligrams, but in a slightly different concentration it costs $3.00. And no membership needed. Friggen walgreens.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another silly update....our 7-week olds already settled themselves in for the night in the corner of their enclosure (they like that better than inside the coop for some reason). My honey & I are walking around the yard when we get the sense of being watched, and look over to realize that Meaty had decided to roost elsewhere, by herself ON THE BBQ.
gig.gif

She was not happy about being relocated with the rest of them! I don't think she thinks she's a chicken. She climbs on the furniture to look in the windows for us, and would rather be with us outside than her feathery friends. Silly, sweet girl!
D.gif

This is the same one who wants to roost on shoulders and likes to perch on arms or hands like a falcon
lol.png

I had an extremely busy day. We were expecting our nephew to come stay with us tonight... *he just arrived* he was coming from El Paso on his way to Utah... then we were informed his parents are on their way to Phoenix to stay with us for the holiday weekend. My wife is driving to Panguitch tomorrow and then coming right back.... she's taking sons #1 and #4. #4 has EFY at BYU next week. #1 has got to get to Logan and find a place to live for next year while going to school. Son #3 is with his girl.. she just graduated HS tonight at Shadow Mountain and he was on the program.
I've got work from 8 to 2 then I'll have to get back to entertain BIL and wife until my wife makes it back from Utah and son #3 has his girl coming over to spend the afternoon with us tomorrow as well.... and I've got to get a SS lesson ready for Sunday... along with getting the coop clean the brooder box cleaned etc, etc... etc...

Ain't life grand?

Thank you all for the goose wishes!
The gosling is HUGE! It still hasn't found it's "sea legs", poor thing. I named it Coco, against my husband's wishes.

I put my BLRW and Welsummers on lockdown yesterday! I hope I have a good hatch.

I have so much to do this weekend. I have to finish the chicken palace and a big pin for the ducks and geese ( I am getting more geese today, ordered from the feed store. I didn't want it to be lonely). Get the brooder cleaned out for the new chicks and have a holiday weekend, full of family fun!

By the time this weekend is over, I could have over 50 chicks
ep.gif

In a couple weeks, I will be thinning out the marans. Anybody interested in any? Of course, who knows how many roosters are in the bunch. Anybody want a French Black Copper Maran Rooster? Crows the same as any other rooster
wink.png

Anyway, thanks again! Have a great weekend!

Last edited:
Good morning all---Sommer hatched out 27 turkeys *snicker*
gig.gif
The cuteness is overwhelming! Here is one of her pictures---I will see if I can get her to post more!
36979_turkeys_010.jpg

ETA: YAY! My wonderful, caring, awesometastic husband caved and said I could have a couple of turkeys!

woot.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom