Arizona Chickens

I cannot believe my Easter Egger has a jumbo sized egg compared to my Leghorn which lays a extra large egg. Well it's certainly nice for me!

[/]desertmarcy[@/]'s Black Copper Maran hens are lovely and lay extra large nice dark chocolate brown egg. I love it!! :D

My 3 week old broiler chicks are mostly roosters. One of them started making noises that sound more like an adult chicken and less like a baby chick. When I pick him up he makes more of a bocking sound now than the normal yelling they do lol. Kind of a lower more threatening sound. He's the boss of all the roosters. Hopefully he won't start crowing before I'm done with him.
fl.gif
I had cornish cross last year and was shocked to hear an 8 week old crowing. I didn't think my neighbors would be too happy if he got the full blown crow. He sounded like a very weird squeaky toy. I did not expect crowing at such a young age.

I cannot believe my Easter Egger has a jumbo sized egg compared to my Leghorn which lays a extra large egg. Well it's certainly nice for me!

[/]desertmarcy[@/]'s Black Copper Maran hens are lovely and lay extra large nice dark chocolate brown egg. I love it!! :D

I had an EE hen that laid those jumbo eggs. We loved them. They were so big you could not close the carton on them. I was very unhappy when she was killed and drug off by a predator.

I got to do some yard work today that I'd been putting off, turning the compost piles. I put the almost finished contents of bin one into bin three, emptied, turned and returned the contents of bin two, and started a new pile in bin one with used quail litter other yard waste. My olive egger Fiona kept getting in the way, she is too brave! The shovel and pitch fork don't faze her in the least and she kept leaping at any creepy crawlies that she saw amongst the materiel. She got plenty of compost treats today! Gotta love gardening with chickens!

Could someone help me out with filling out this forum ? Last year I had a late entry and didn't have to fill this out. What would my exhibitor # be? Does variety mean color? And what are all the abbreviations on the right side?

To all those who cook with duck eggs. PLEASE remember to label the food contains duck eggs if you bring to pot lucks! I am terribly allergic to duck eggs and it is a common allergy so I was told. I would hate to get throwing up sick at a poultry show. Ducks are in an entirely different group of birds from chickens and turkeys and thus one can be allergic to duck eggs and be fine with the other. It is actually a good idea to list ingredients in dishes brought to pot lucks but people rarely do. There are so many people with different food allergies.

I did not know this. Thanks very much for the information.
thumbsup.gif

I'll be listing ingredients from now on when I take a dish to any public event.

@CityFarm
 Thank you so much for the ducks. I cannot wait to put him with Dark Wing and get Ancona ducklings. my DH wants to call him Houdini because he was escaping during his travel here to Tucson. lol

@ChuskaMtns

X2!! :frow

Thank you so much for picking up the ducks and bringing me Romeo and Boyfriend. I will post pictures soon. Thank you soooo much. 

You are welcome. Since you already have a hen & the Ancona are so low in numbers, it was only logical to place him there, so they can reproduce.. Yes, would love to see photos..

Back
Top Bottom