Arizona Chickens

Are those salmon Feverolles ??

Question for all my AZ peeps. We had a buff Orpington go broody on us. She went to chicken jail and has been broken and is now back with the flock acting like her old self. Generally how long before hens go back to laying after the have "seen the light"? :D

Good question, ours took a few months.. We have one broody, Cheryl the silkie.. Waiting on a friend to hatch out chicks this week..

I just saw a thread for the ugliest chicken picture, and entered my ameraucana/olive egger/mutt rooster. Judging will commence after 5 entries have been made, so dont be shy, dig out a pic of one of your "less than SOP" chickens and give it a shot!
Do you have the link? I actually like that cockerel. I think it's pretty. :oops:
X2

The white hen with a couple black spots Is the daughter To the white Leghorn with the really big Comb. Next pic will be Of the Dad, who is a Black Copper Marans

There's the dad with the black in Orangish red threw is back in a big red comb, we call him,"beautiful," And it's approved by my son lol!

Our Dalmatian hen as I call her, mainly white with a few scattered black spots, lays this beige egg! She was one of my project hens! :D

Happy, spoiled chicken's girl..

So I put 6 eggs under my broody White Rock. Yesterday I was fortunate enough to be in the pen when she decided to take one of her rare breaks from egg sitting. There were 7 eggs in the nest, not 6. I guess one of the other girls got in there and laid another egg at some point. *Sigh* I really wish I had won the "location" argument. I'm just a nervous wreck over how to make all of this work.

Does anyone have a suggestion in Phoenix where to get a few pullets to add to the flock? Tried someone on Craigslist, but she left a wrong number and after emailing her have not heard anything.
I've gotten a few chickens off Phoenix Craigslist, one currently in terrible shape. When I got my first chickens from a craigslist "breeder" from Wittman delivered the 3 I ordered. I honestly expected him to be driving a farm truck. Instead, he arrived at my house in Mesa, hours away, driving a compact car. He popped the trunk & there were my chickens, loose in the trunk! I hate to be negative "Nelly" though because nothing is ALL bad. My trunk chickens were healthy. I've seen some good on there, just be careful. I thought I was, but still ended up with a sick one :(
On facebook there's A-Z chickens. We got 2 super healthy pullets from him in Phx off Cactus. I don't know him personally, but he was a nice young man & seemed to care about the health of his chickens.

Can anyone in the Arizona Chicken group help me euthanize a 5 month old pullet?
My son's pullet, "Buffy" is wobbly on her legs & just not developing as she should. We took her in from really bad conditions so I know her nutrition was poor. I honestly don't know if it's a disease, but she seems ok otherwise, I pray it's not for the health of my others! In either case, she doesn't seem fixable according to the vet & she also isn't looking as if she'll be able to lay. I would rather humanely put her down now rather than to let her become egg bound later or get hurt with her falling. I've only had chickens about 6 months & although I'm great at taking care of them, I just can't do this, but it needs to be done for her own best interest. I just can't actually do it myself, just yet. I don't know anyone with chickens, so I'm reaching out to my backyard chicken group. I'm on a college student + mom budget right now & I feel we did our good deed taking them in. I already spent $75 at the vet & they recommend euthanasia, but the lowest cost is $200!!!
Can anyone with experience help me out with this? I don't mind paying a small fee
Thank you in advance
Sorry, I forgot to add I am in East Mesa, but can travel

Back
Top Bottom