Arizona Chickens

So I put 6 eggs under my broody White Rock. Yesterday I was fortunate enough to be in the pen when she decided to take one of her rare breaks from egg sitting. There were 7 eggs in the nest, not 6. I guess one of the other girls got in there and laid another egg at some point. *Sigh* I really wish I had won the "location" argument. I'm just a nervous wreck over how to make all of this work. 

Yes, to funny... how we run around to make our chicken's comfy.. The thing's we do for our flock.. What did you put under her ?? I hope to be getting day old chicks for Cheryl soon...

Yes, to funny... how we run around to make our chicken's comfy.. The thing's we do for our flock.. What did you put under her ?? I hope to be getting day old chicks for Cheryl soon...

I put five Naked Neck Turken eggs and one Bielefelder over Australorp egg. The suprise 7th egg will be a Bielefelder over White Rock combo, though I expect I'll have to remove it and add it to the incubator to hatch since the others should hatch days sooner.

Sorry my Android phone doesn't take the best pics but below Is the egg that my project olive Egger laid, On the very right. These two hens above, we're from a Black Copper Maran cockerel and date Easter Egger hen To make the olive Eggers!
My EEs and OEs are getting older so I'm looking to adding some EE, OE pullets next year......love those colored eggs!! BTW I too have a leghorn that crossed with a leghorn barnyard mix that has black spots and lays a very light cream colored egg.
Some of these barnyard mixes are fun aren't they! :)

Sorry, I forgot to add I am in East Mesa, but can travel

Just break the neck, quick. When I have to cull a full size bird, I take them to a stump I have, hold them so their neck is over the stump and smack the neck fast and hard with the backside of an axe. Smaller birds, just grab the head, hold the body and yank.

I am in east mesa as well. If you don't find someone, let me know.
I've finally made it back to my computer!!
I want to say a BIG Thank you to City farm and houdiniduck! You were both were both a huge life saver! Buffy ended up going to a woman who works at a rescue/rehab and she's willing to try to get her well. Unfortunately, poor little Buffy is the poster pullet for a bad start in life & the effects of bad care & nutrition. Who knows from here if she'll ever get better, but I'm so greatful to everyone that helped! Maybe we can all get together someday & have a canning party or something fun when the gardens are back at full steam after summer :)

I've finally made it back to my computer!!
I want to say a BIG Thank you to City farm and houdiniduck! You were both were both a huge life saver! Buffy ended up going to a woman who works at a rescue/rehab and she's willing to try to get her well. Unfortunately, poor little Buffy is the poster pullet for a bad start in life & the effects of bad care & nutrition. Who knows from here if she'll ever get better, but I'm so greatful to everyone that helped! Maybe we can all get together someday & have a canning party or something fun when the gardens are back at full steam after summer :)
for sure! I need to learn how to can. I am going to buy myself a pressure caner soon so I can can our garden delights and our extra chicken.

Call me a sucker! I ended up with what looks like an Easter egger from a friend friend of a...well you get the point, and she is not in good shape. She has apparent been with a flock and been breed and breed and brEed. Her back looks like raw meat, no feathers and all wounds. What worries me the most is that it appears as if she has a hurt left foot. She has the hardest time putting any weight on it. She is obviously in a quarantine pen, and has Blue Kote on her back and some of her head, where it appears the roosters also ripped out those feathers. She has probiotics and electrolytes as well as getting some "groceries" in her body and is feeling better now. Still not putting weight on her foot. Anything else you can think of?

Call me a sucker! I ended up with what looks like an Easter egger from a friend friend of a...well you get the point, and she is not in good shape. She has apparent been with a flock and been breed and breed and brEed. Her back looks like raw meat, no feathers and all wounds. What worries me the most is that it appears as if she has a hurt left foot. She has the hardest time putting any weight on it. She is obviously in a quarantine pen, and has Blue Kote on her back and some of her head, where it appears the roosters also ripped out those feathers. She has probiotics and electrolytes as well as getting some "groceries" in her body and is feeling better now. Still not putting weight on her foot. Anything else you can think of?

Check the bottom of her foot for bumble foot.

The little spourts of weeds and grass in my yard were barely 4" tall. South side of the house sprouts grass, while the north side sports a weed here and the. Then next door neighbor water treatment system leaks water through their single-opened piece of brick in wall, running down onto my property, constantly watering my soil. Our houses are built on a slight slant, sloping down to the next neighbor. --BB

Back
Top Bottom