Arizona Chickens

@Banaynaychicken
Im dure those "blisters " are nothing. If i were you do a riund of antibiotics on your 2 chick's. Just to be safe. If the sneezing goes away then you know it was an upper respiratory issue. Do you know for sure your 2 are hen's? If so they'll ard a beautiful breed..

Is there anyone else here in Graham county? I live in Fort Thomas, although I'm not home right now. My husband has been working a job in western Washington and we've been staying with my brother up here, but we should be back down there later this summer. I'll have to clean up the coop for new residents when we do get back, it kinda ended up as storage to keep stuff out of the sun while we've been gone.... Now just deciding what I want to get.

Is there anyone else here in Graham county?  I live in Fort Thomas, although I'm not home right now.  My husband has been working a job in western Washington and we've been staying with my brother up here, but we should be back down there later this summer.   I'll have to clean up the coop for new residents when we do get back, it kinda ended up as storage to keep stuff out of the sun while we've been gone....    Now just deciding what I want to get.

We vote for duck's. . They give you just as many eggs, but she could use their water feature for the garden. Way healthier than chickens

Quote:
I'll stop by a cvs or something today and pick up something to disolve in their water. God forbid i isolate them though.... they would cry to death. They are indeed hens ^-^ 95.99% sure of it, anyway, says the feed store,and ACE hardware XD. The Polish, she is a buff laced,Ii bought her at a feed store in safford, she was sold to me for $5 because they though she was a broiler with a brain tumor. But I knew better, I knew she was a polish. I'm sure the hatchery that sold them to the feed store made a mistake and just threw in a similar looking chick. Lucky for me XD The other chick is a silver laced Wyandotte named Winnie, she is about a week younger then my Polish, her name is Dory. I'm hoping to put them into show next year in April.

Last edited:
Quote:
I'll stop by a cvs or something today and pick up something to disolve in their water. God forbid i isolate them though.... they would cry to death. They are indeed hens ^-^ 95.99% sure of it, anyway, says the feed store,and ACE hardware XD. The Polish, she is a buff laced,Ii bought her at a feed store in safford, she was sold to me for $5 because they though she was a broiler with a brain tumor. But I knew better, I knew she was a polish. I'm sure the hatchery that sold them to the feed store made a mistake and just threw in a similar looking chick. Lucky for me XD The other chick is a silver laced Wyandotte named Winnie, she is about a week younger then my Polish, her name is Dory. I'm hoping to put them into show next year in April.
I am pretty sure cvs does not carry any poultry antibiotics. . Most of your feed stores do.. have you posted a photo of your SLW?

The Polish, she is a buff laced,Ii bought her at a feed store in safford, she was sold to me for $5 because they though she was a broiler with a brain tumor. But I knew better, I knew she was a polish. I'm sure the hatchery that sold them to the feed store made a mistake and just threw in a similar looking chick. Lucky for me XD
I shouldn't laugh, but I am. Weird that they were selling it anyway, if they thought that, though.

OH so after much research , and intense starting at my bird Doobie, who I originally thought was an Aloha, then a Speckled Sussex, I have come to a conclusion.

I have asked every expert I could find, sent pictures, stared and inspected and intensley probed at my chicken, and compared endless ly to every picture i could find, and even a confirmed of the breed i suspect.

My bird Doobie, a 6 month old hen, is a Jubilee Oprhington!

Which i'm honestly really proud of, because apparently they are really rare, and extremely expensive.

I'm definitely taker her with me when I move out, and buying her a Rooster man.

Quote:

I'll stop by a cvs or something today and pick up something to disolve in their water. God forbid i isolate them though.... they would cry to death.

They are indeed hens ^-^ 95.99% sure of it, anyway, says the feed store,and ACE hardware XD. The Polish, she is a buff laced,Ii bought her at a feed store in safford, she was sold to me for $5 because they though she was a broiler with a brain tumor. But I knew better, I knew she was a polish. I'm sure the hatchery that sold them to the feed store made a mistake and just threw in a similar looking chick. Lucky for me XD

The other chick is a silver laced Wyandotte named Winnie, she is about a week younger then my Polish, her name is Dory.

I'm hoping to put them into show next year in April.

I am pretty sure cvs does not carry any poultry antibiotics. . Most of your feed stores do.. have you posted a photo of your SLW?

lol, that is a good point.......... I'll probably stop at ace or the Pet place then XD . And yes indeed I have ^-^ Somewhere in this forum if I am correct. maybe 2 pages back? if you cant find it, here she is /www.backyardchickens.com/t/31227/lightbox/post/16930793/id/7380975/user/375092

Last edited:
Quote:
Those "blisters" look more like calluses to me. Maybe from sitting alot on a hard surface?

I think I know the feed store in Safford you're talking about, the one by the tattoo shop? They've got a whole new crowd of people running that place and I haven't been impressed with them. The old owners were alot better.

Also, I know this sounds weird, but try adding a little oregano to their feed. Fresh would be good.

Back
Top Bottom