Arizona Chickens

Looks pretty, but I do not see the required min of 2 bed + 2 bath house! Gotta please the spouse! We looked in the Bisby area, but were already liking the small city of Prescott. We want to be close to Prescott, but in town is too expensive. Nice place with 1/2 acre 1 mile from the courthouse, but it was 349,000!
wow golly thats a bit hi , gosh , down this way its more like 4 acres with all utilities for like 80,000 to 120,000 just a short trip 5 to 10 minutes to all the stores.

thanks all! those were all good guesses but none really fit it.
i wish i could get a photo of it but they move so fast, i've had 2 ones out here, they are skinny but really long like 4 to 5 ft, they are mostly bright pink with faded spots on the top and the head is black, but its weird looks like a mix snake or something lol

all i know is the bubus are afraid of it and theyve tried to take the eggs once but didn't get that far...

thanks all! those were all good guesses but none really fit it.
i wish i could get a photo of it but they move so fast, i've had 2 ones out here, they are skinny but really long like 4 to 5 ft, they are mostly bright pink with faded spots on the top and the head is black, but its weird looks like a mix snake or something lol

all i know is the bubus are afraid of it and theyve tried to take the eggs once but didn't get that far...
DID YOU CHECK THESE OUT , im leaning towards coachwhip..? or maybe not HA:D, well good luck let us know what you find out!!! but keep your distance until you do..!
  1. Coachwhip (Coluber flagellum) - Reptiles of Arizona
    www.reptilesofaz.org/Snakes-Subpages/h-c-flagellum.html
    DESCRIPTION: A long (up to 1,728 mm or 68" in total length), thin snake with variable coloration and ... The ventral surface is white or pinkish, often grading to dark pink under the tail. ... It often hunts with its head elevated high off the ground.

2. Nonvenomous Snakes - Saguaro National Park (U.S. National Park...
    www.nps.gov/sagu/nonvenomous-snakes.htm
    Mar 31, 2012 ... Glossy Snake (Arizona elegans) The glossy ... As its name implies, this snake has a black cap on top of its head with a cream colored collar.

3. Smith's Black-headed Snake - Tucson Herpetological Society
    tucsonherpsociety.org/inhabitants/smiths-black-heade...
    Smith's Black-headed Snake, Gila Bend Mtns, AZ. ... It is tan to light brown dorsally with a dark head cap that extends 0.5-3.0 (mostly 1.0-2.0 in Arizona) scales ... Ventrally, the chin and throat are gray, followed by orange, pink, or red that ...

4. Yaqui Black-headed Snake - Tucson Herpetological Society
    tucsonherpsociety.org/inhabitants/yaqui-black-headed...
    The Yaqui Black-headed Snake was first collected in Arizona in 1907 at Bisbee, ... A dark gray, dark brown, or black head cap extends two to slightly more than four ... Ventral coloration in life is cream grading to light pink or orange posteriorly .

5. Commonly seen snakes of Arizona: Phoenix, Scottsdale and ...
    rattlesnakesolutions.com/snake-information/reptiles-...
    Snake species commonly seen in the areas around Phoenix and Scottsdale, many of ... but can be easily identified by the unusually small head and overly large rattle. ... the body, which is usually grey with varying degrees of pink, orange, or brown. ... The Arizona Black Rattlesnake is sometimes mistakenly referred to as ...

Last edited:
Looks pretty, but I do not see the required min of 2 bed + 2 bath house! Gotta please the spouse! We looked in the Bisby area, but were already liking the small city of Prescott. We want to be close to Prescott, but in town is too expensive. Nice place with 1/2 acre 1 mile from the courthouse, but it was 349,000!
ok well im off to go repair the refrigerator its not been working since last night ,got to go tangle with that...! so be back later . :frow

im back that was not fun but didn't take long using my new handy dandy wash tub that helped a lot to hold all the frozen food, i had to get all the frozen food out (( its a bottom freezer )) and get into the back panel of the freezer compartment to fix my fridge HA , so thank you dollar store..HA, about the houses down in sierra vista they are going for great prices 3 & 4 br & 2 Ba,on 4 acres usually fenced , ive looked around and the prices are starting 100,000 120,00.00 and up but i dont like flat land, i need mountains if i could find what i want , i will live in a tent or a yurt and build what i want..! HA, ive already done that once in my 20's , i built my home on the top of a water fall in a 2000 acre old growth forest in CT and before you know it its all done .!!!

Hey, has anyone else been seeing those greenish/yellow caterpillars that look like they have a horn or something on the tail end of them? They have been so thick here for about the past 2 weeks. You can barely walk anywhere in the yard without stepping on some. They are all over the weeds. My chickens have been going nuts over them, like it's some gourmet meal!

Hey, has anyone else been seeing those greenish/yellow caterpillars that look like they have a horn or something on the tail end of them? They have been so thick here for about the past 2 weeks. You can barely walk anywhere in the yard without stepping on some. They are all over the weeds. My chickens have been going nuts over them, like it's some gourmet meal!
NO not here :sick

Back
Top Bottom