Arizona Chickens

@Babycat ranch welcome to the thread! :welcome And welcome to Arizona :cool: Your eggs are gorgeous, I love a colorful egg carton. We are also in Pinal county, but much further south (actually 5 miles from the Pima county line)...hope everyone got some nice drizzly rain yesterday. It's still cloudy here now, I love it.

We have been busy this week, but we finally made and installed some poop boards under the roost! :celebrate This has cut my chicken chore time in half, and has made everyone's life so much easier. Now I'm thinking of prepping for the hot summer months to come.

Before this nice weather I had some hens adjusting to the hotter weather (beaks slightly open)
So yes enjoying and also thinking about prepping with mister soon and more shade
Little ones lovin it outside I won't bring them in any longer drove me crazy lol

@SonoranChick for some reason I thought you were further into Tucson :)

Does anyone here hatch their own chicks, or do you get them from a hatchery or feed barn? I want to get another chick since one of mine died last night. It was really sad, I found her trapped under a small piece of plywood I had used to close off the pen at night. I think my kids had moved it and she somehow knocked it onto herself. So sad!
We hatch chicks and we are in casa grande! We have at least 100 2 weeks and younger and incubators hatching right now!
Please come see us

Before this nice weather I had some hens adjusting to the hotter weather (beaks slightly open)
So yes enjoying and also thinking about prepping with mister soon and more shade
Little ones lovin it outside I won't bring them in any longer drove me crazy lol

We are out in the middle of no where :D When I "go to town", I go to Tucson. No matter where I go, I have 15 miles of dirt road before I hit civilization...just how I like it.

I don't even want to think of those higher temp and putting up the misters out there yet. The NN rooster is still in his pen where the misters have to go at, so that will have to be moved first, so he won't drown in constant daytime wetness.

Just listened to the news weather report......don't panic we have a few days of 60 degree weather coming up next weekend along with some rain. Phoenix weather - so how it gets around this area is up to the cloud monsters. I'm just trying my hardest to modify an area for a new coop. My hands and body are not cooperating too very much-- boo.

Back
Top Bottom