Arizona Chickens

Yes I am alive and well!!!! Took the kiddos to Durango to ride the Durango/Silverton train for fall break! About froze our butts off and it rained/snowed almost the whole week! My friend took care of my chickes and horses. In payment she got all their eggs! Such a great payoff! My five little babies are growing super fast. I’m thinking maybe all girls too! Miss Foofy has decided they are her babies and has to sleep with them every night and if one starts crying you better watch out she is on a mission!

Awww I love miss foofy already what a sweetheart!

Miss Amelia staged a jail break today, so I added some fortifications to their run. She hopped to the top on the hardware cloth I have on the fence to keep the dogs out. So I covered the rest of the fence with poultry netting and added a little roll at the top, concertina wire- style. Stay in, chickens!
20181019_152747.jpg

Yes I am alive and well!!!! Took the kiddos to Durango to ride the Durango/Silverton train for fall break! About froze our butts off and it rained/snowed almost the whole week! My friend took care of my chickes and horses. In payment she got all their eggs! Such a great payoff! My five little babies are growing super fast. I’m thinking maybe all girls too! Miss Foofy has decided they are her babies and has to sleep with them every night and if one starts crying you better watch out she is on a mission!

Glad that you are still alive and back. So, Miss Foofy wanted to be a momma, huh? Have those other 2 blue pullets that you got from me when you got Miss Foofy laying the green eggs yet?

Is the answer not a cockerel??

Actually yes... I just found a thread today that made me laugh bc the poor owner trusted the company wouldn't make a mistake and send a cock so this behaviour is described and they wondered when that behaviour would stop and they would lay an egg.... lol sorry it's just funny to me thinking of marshmellow stopping his behaviour to go lay an egg :lau

MAMA DRAMA update:

No fighting today anyone who growled got a swift peck from Marsh, Rambita squatted for him for the first time in over 2 months and all was well. Mama is roosting with everyone baby tried to be with her but I was afraid she would fall so I put her and Picasso together inside the coop they looked cute like 2 best buds.

Back
Top Bottom