Arizona Chickens

Do your chickens consume the aloe? I'd like to plant some in my backyard (aka "Chicken Yard), but I don't want them destroying them after I throw out my back digging in the dirt/rock here to plant them.
Yes they would eat aloe. I planted some out front & the wildlife started to eat it so now I put a feeder out for the birds so they don’t mess with it. I’m thinking of putting our key lime in with the ducks & chickens.. I’ll protect it with chicken wire until it gets big enough. Other than that I think they will eat anything green. I have grapes growing up 1 side, gonna add another grape on the West side-Where I had a large passion fruit growing.. it did not make it this. winter. Also put the omega blend under chicken wire, they can only eat the top’s.. I will probably expand that area soon..

Speaking about aloe, I have a big batch of it growing by my back porch that need's to be trimmed back again. If someone want's some of it you are welcome to come and get some free aloe. I hate having to trim it back and it goes to waste. The patch of it is so big that some are growing on top of each other.

Edit: The type that I have is like that one that is right behind the cat in the above picture that @City farm posted.
I call that one coral blooming aloe. I just got the yellow blooming one, that flower has a cone shape.. Great for the hummingbirds..

Has anyone here ever tried out a chicken breed called a Death Layer before? I noticed that someone was selling hatching egg's for those on CL yesterday when I looked in the farm and garden section.
I wanna say I have, but I did find this:
https://greenfirefarms.com/deathlayer.html
I don't know about the site or the green fire farms, just googled it though.

Has anyone here ever tried out a chicken breed called a Death Layer before? I noticed that someone was selling hatching egg's for those on CL yesterday when I looked in the farm and garden section.

I know someone on FB who has some. She likes the birds and they're beautiful and good layers, but she couldn't tell me much about their personalities.

Back
Top Bottom