Arizona Chickens

ArizonaNessa

Joyfully Addicted
10 Years
Apr 7, 2009
Texas
Thank you all for your warm wishes and I will most definitely be stopping in from time to time. As for my screen name, you are only allowed one name change here on byc and I have used mine already so I will remain ArizonaNessa. Thanks for letting me know about Chip/Pack. He is really good at mimic lol. I will make sure to take a few pics out my new front door for you guys.

Mahonri

Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast
Premium Feather Member
May 14, 2008
North Phoenix
My Coop
My Coop
Luckily I only work 3 hours tomorrow. The boys will be cleaning the coops. I have to wrap a wedding gift. DW is gone.
I have to make out a card, take it to the reception and then I have a meeting tomorrow from 7PM to 9PM.

I hope I can sleep tonight.

ChrystalGail

Songster
12 Years
Jun 13, 2007
Casa Grande, AZ
Quote:
I hope you can, too!
fl.gif

Mahonri

Premium Feather Member
May 14, 2008
North Phoenix
My Coop
My Coop
I have literally tried everything.

I end up waking up between 11:30PM and 1:30AM every night and then I just lay awake for hours...

So I come on here after I've tried to sleep for at least 45 minutes.

beverlyl

In the Brooder
10 Years
Aug 28, 2009
Morristown Arizona
Mahorni or anyone else could you please let me know which of my roosters would be the ones to keep? I want to keep one or two and I am trying to sell them on Craigslist(I know not the best place, but I need the space and don't have the time to butcher them) I will probable end up taking them to the feed store if I don't end up with any response off craigslist. Thanks
40113_oct_2010_021.jpg

40113_oct_2010_018.jpg

40113_oct_2010_022.jpg

40113_oct_2010_014.jpg

40113_oct_2010_013.jpg

40113_oct_2010_018.jpg

40113_oct_2010_009.jpg

Mahonri

Premium Feather Member
May 14, 2008
North Phoenix
My Coop
My Coop
Beverly,

I'd keep this one and any that look like him.

40113_oct_2010_013.jpg

Also, look at their fluff under their vent. Any with BROWN feathers there will produce hens that lay the darkest eggs.

While you are taking pics.. take pics of the 15 you hatched out of my eggs last time....
thumbsup.gif

rufus

Crowing
12 Years
May 17, 2007
Quote:
Did you check your blood sugar level? When did you take your meds? Before dinner, after dinner or before bed? Move this around until you find a time that works.

I have found that potatoes put me to sleep right away, but then I have a problem later in the night. If I am going to watch the ball game, I just skip the potatoes, otherwise I fall asleep and my wife changes the channel. If I wake up, then I am stuck watching a stupid women show.

When you wake up in the night, if your blood sugar is below 90, drink a glass of orange juice and go back to bed.

High blood sugar will kill you over the years, but low blood sugar will kill you right now. Try to keep it between 90 and 180.

The old folks used to drink a glass of sweet wine before bed so that they could sleep. At first it was just a small glass, but gradually it got bigger. We had to switch them to orange juice or prune juice.

For what it is worth, both of those 20 acres adjoining parcels in southern Utah went for $54,000 each. That sounds like a great deal, but only about two acres of each parcel were usable. The rest was all mountain side about a 45 degree or less angle.

We are still looking. I found a place of about 20 acres near Alamos, Sonora. The price is high, and there might be title problems, but boy is it a gorgeous property.

Rufus

Last edited:

Mahonri

Premium Feather Member
May 14, 2008
North Phoenix
My Coop
My Coop
Rufus...

My problem is not low blood sugar.. it's just the opposite.
I need to learn to keep things out of my mouth that shouldn't be there.
It's hard when you have to feed kids and they can and want to eat EVERYTHING... so everything is usually available.

Nice relaxing day. I saw patients in the AM. Kids cleaned the coop, wrapped a present for me, I did about three loads of wash. (DW is out of town) Everything is dry, folded or ironed. My alma matter took another whipping... this time from Notre Dame. So I took a nap. Nice.

So it's time to take another shower, go to a reception and an evening conference meeting, then I'm praying I can get some sleep tonight.

Have a great rest of the weekend everybody.

NoSkiveez

NoSkiveez Poultry
10 Years
Dec 27, 2009
Casa Grande
My Coop
My Coop
Im downsizing again. I have finally made up my mind and Im not letting my husband talk me out of it this time. He does that, ya know (then tries to say its all me...lol). My goal is to keep it around 30 chickens here. Im going to be selling whole flocks (Hens and rooster) of Phoenix, Appenzeller Spitzhauben, Silver Laced Wyandottes, Mottled Houdans, Buff Orpingtons, Americanas (Easter Eggers) and some juveniles and odd balls. Black Silkie Rooster, White Crested Black Polish Rooster, Frizzles Cochins (Bantam). If your interested, please PM me. I also locked down the incubator (one that should really hatch chicks this time) and I have quite a few eggs in there too and will only be keeping chicks that hatched from Mahonri's eggs. So the rest of the chicks will be available too (Frizzles, Phoenix, Polish)

Top Bottom