Arizona Chickens

Things are going well, my flock is doing pretty good even though it’s the middle of the summer. Waffles the BO isn’t broody anymore so that’s a relief! Egg production is down, but I suppose that’s to be expected as they age and with this weather. We still get plenty of eggs for our family and enough to give away too. Cora is getting so big, she will be walking very soon. I take her out to visit the chickens every day. Oh and you guys will appreciate this- she started waving “hello” last week. Not to me, or her dad or grandma...she only waves to the big painted wooden chicken in our kitchen :gig I say, “where is the chicken?” and she looks up at it and waves to it. It’s my favorite thing!

Kid's can do some cute thing's that will make you smile when they are young like that. Enjoy those special moment's, as they do grow up fast.

Question for you NN lovers who've corrupted me..lol, I think you've seen the picture of the NN's that I've bought, they have bibs I believe they are called, if I breed them with another NN that doesn't, what are the possibilities of getting chicks that do not have it? I'm not sure who's gene's they end up with.

:wee:love:celebrate:weeMy NN's come home Saturday, we're driving up to get them.. lots of things to think about, to do etc.. when we get them home, get them settled, get us settled ( 6 hr. +/- drive) , Then get up Sunday morning and get started on the stuff.. :)

After you get used to seeing the NN's on them, you will grow to love them. They do way better in this heat. How are those other 6 NN pullet's that you got awhile back doing?

:wee:love:celebrate:weeMy NN's come home Saturday, we're driving up to get them.. lots of things to think about, to do etc.. when we get them home, get them settled, get us settled ( 6 hr. +/- drive) , Then get up Sunday morning and get started on the stuff.. :)
Where is the location of them??? Not possibly near the Newcastle Zone?:fl

Back
Top Bottom