Arizona Chickens

With that many they should be able to snuggle up for warmth then, as long as they are fully feathered (feather's on the body). What breed's did you get?
Barred rocks, Rhode Island reds, Easter Eggers: these are all from the hatchery at the pet feed store. I’m not sure if the device he ordered is a good idea or bad. I’ve never used one myself. I just tend to get chicks and stuff when I have Brody’s around! ;)
By the way nice to meet you BlueBaby, it’s been along time since I’ve been on. Kids still keep me busy and so do the my fowl friends in the backyard!! :lol:

@moms3cuties Just be careful of what electrical thing's that you put out in the coop. Feathered chick's can fly, so you don't want them getting tangled up in cord's, and some have put heater's in coop's and they caught fire.
Thank you for the advice, since I never had to use anything like this, in my all my years with chicks it’s good to be reminded of all precautions to watch for & take! :hugs

Merry Christmas Everyone.. hoping your flocks are doing well. I've got feathers all over the run and birds that are almost naked..lol.. will be glad when the molt is over.

1377953_1033794626687793_2863841817901038171_n.jpg

Merry day after Christmas everyone! No snow here but PLENTY of rain. As of yesterday we've gotten 2" over Tues and Wed. Bright and sunny today and hopefully after I finish work I can get out to the garden and coop and survey what havoc the rains might have caused beyond our cursory "run outside and see if it's flooded" inspection yesterday. Lots of run off from our roof.

We just leveled and put the coop up on Saturday so here's hoping we don't have to make too many adjustments. The 6 and 3 week olds are still in brooders in the garage. We were hoping to move the "big girls" to the coop but have some adjustments to make. This was a great trial run so we can identify everything needing fixed and get that cared for before we put the girls out for good.

I hope you all had a beautiful holiday!

Merry day after Christmas everyone! No snow here but PLENTY of rain. As of yesterday we've gotten 2" over Tues and Wed. Bright and sunny today and hopefully after I finish work I can get out to the garden and coop and survey what havoc the rains might have caused beyond our cursory "run outside and see if it's flooded" inspection yesterday. Lots of run off from our roof.

We just leveled and put the coop up on Saturday so here's hoping we don't have to make too many adjustments. The 6 and 3 week olds are still in brooders in the garage. We were hoping to move the "big girls" to the coop but have some adjustments to make. This was a great trial run so we can identify everything needing fixed and get that cared for before we put the girls out for good.

I hope you all had a beautiful holiday!

It's good to see you pop in here and posting! They say there's more rain in store for us. I guess that it's trying to make up for the milder monsoon that we had. What breed or breed's of chick's did you get?

It's good to see you pop in here and posting! They say there's more rain in store for us. I guess that it's trying to make up for the milder monsoon that we had. What breed or breed's of chick's did you get?

Thank you! Been a VERY busy couple of days. Me and my fiance eloped and got married on Christmas Eve at the courthouse (we'll have the official celebration in June like we planned originally) and then Christmas with our blended family of his kids/my kids yesterday morning and then extended family Christmas yesterday evening. Didn't go to bed until midnight but up at 5am for work this morning. I'm one pooped out momma!

I was saying the same thing to my husband (eee! have to get used to calling him that) about our weather. We had a NONsoon this year and I'm so happy to have the rain now, my garden is LOVING it!

My "big girls" are Barred Rock, Buff Orp, EE and a Blue Laced Wyondotte (who I think is a cross cuz she's mostly just variegated blue/gray - I guess I expected more penciling in her feathers)

My "baby girls" are 2 RIW and 2 Black Australorpe.

Yet to come is 4 Seramas. My oldest boy (he's 21) told me they are my Christmas gift, just have to find some local and of course be prepared for more babies!

Back
Top Bottom