Arizona Chickens

Ugh! It is nasty out there!
View attachment 2239140
I went out to put fresh water in the chickens pools and added ice. We can see clouds to the North of us, looks like they'll be getting some rain in the high country tonight.
I watered my plants and trees last night and this morning. All very established, but its just too hot, everything is wilting. Ill water again close to sundown. Monday is supposed to be super hot too.

Ugh! It is nasty out there!
View attachment 2239140
I went out to put fresh water in the chickens pools and added ice. We can see clouds to the North of us, looks like they'll be getting some rain in the high country tonight.
Flash flood warning in the burn area by Big Bug Creek. We got heavy thunder showers here, lowered the temp from 95, ice in chicks water, to 75, turn on the heat for the little chicks! LOL. You should see those Naked Necks rolling in the wet grass! Must have bee 6 at once in the dirt rolling and digging in the cool mud! :lau

Flash flood warning in the burn area by Big Bug Creek. We got heavy thunder showers here, lowered the temp from 95, ice in chicks water, to 75, turn on the heat for the little chicks! LOL. You should see those Naked Necks rolling in the wet grass! Must have bee 6 at once in the dirt rolling and digging in the cool mud! :lau

I hope that your electric doesn't go out. With any luck, the rain will put out the fire over your way. I love watching the antics of the Naked Neck's.

I hope that your electric doesn't go out. With any luck, the rain will put out the fire over your way. I love watching the antics of the Naked Neck's.
It has gone out before. These chicks have not been using it much, they are almost 3 weeks old. Last night half were on the opposite side of the brooder from the heat which was only @85. Their feathers are coming in fast.

I know it's hot out there. I even cut down another 5 gallon bucket to be able to put even more water out there for mine.
I have both a 5 gallon and a 3.5 gallon out there. They go through a ton of water right now!
I watered my plants and trees last night and this morning. All very established, but its just too hot, everything is wilting. Ill water again close to sundown. Monday is supposed to be super hot too.
Yup. I watered this morning too but my stuff is on a regular schedule so nothing is wilting so far :fl
Lucky you! I wish we'd get some rain down here. It's still miserable out there.

Are the older pullets the ones that are around 15-22 weeks old?

Many of the larger breed's can be sexed by the time that they are 5 to 6 week's old, as long as you get them from a breeder that has been working with theirs for awhile that know's how to tell the difference between the sexes. That also come's down to being able to trust that breeder and if they are reputable.

I have both a 5 gallon and a 3.5 gallon out there. They go through a ton of water right now!

Yup. I watered this morning too but my stuff is on a regular schedule so nothing is wilting so far :fl

Lucky you! I wish we'd get some rain down here. It's still miserable out there.
Im watering on top of the morning and evening automatic watering! Even the giant city trees look wilted.

Wow, crazy! We have a couple of Mesquites and a Willow Acacia that get no extra water and they're doing fine. Mostly my grass and the shrubs needed watering. And the herbs.

It's best if you are going to plant any trees or shrub's to plant the one's that will actually grow well out in the desert. I love roses and those Peonies, but I also know that they aren't right down here with this heat.

Back
Top Bottom