Arizona Chickens

We got them as chicks in April so about four or five months. Rufus just started crowing last week or so and Jojo has yet to lay her first egg.

Well, hopefully you will be able to find someone who will take both of them in. Many people that can have rooster's already have one for their flock. Other's might just take the pair and then eat the rooster.

Well, hopefully you will be able to find someone who will take both of them in. Many people that can have rooster's already have one for their flock. Other's might just take the pair and then eat the rooster.
Yeah, I figured as much. We are new to all of this and I don't think we are ready to just eat him. They are our firsts and we would like to see them live. Hopefully our nieghbors don't mind too much while we find him/them a place to go.

Yeah, I figured as much. We are new to all of this and I don't think we are ready to just eat him. They are our firsts and we would like to see them live. Hopefully our nieghbors don't mind too much while we find him/them a place to go.

If you originally got them from a feed store or something like that, I heard that sometime's they will take the cockerel's back, or might know someone who may be looking for one of the breed's that you have. Otherwise, if you don't get lucky here or there, you could try posting them up on craigslist.

I already have my Naked Neck rooster for my flock, and the only new rooster that I am waiting on will be a Dorking to help me start up my second flock.

If you originally got them from a feed store or something like that, I heard that sometime's they will take the cockerel's back, or might know someone who may be looking for one of the breed's that you have. Otherwise, if you don't get lucky here or there, you could try posting them up on craigslist.

I already have my Naked Neck rooster for my flock, and the only new rooster that I am waiting on will be a Dorking to help me start up my second flock.
Had to Google "Dorking." They are good looking fellas! Thanks for talking this out with me!

Had to Google "Dorking." They are good looking fellas! Thanks for talking this out with me!
The problem with getting sexed chicks, is you do not know that there is a cockerel until much later. Since the Dorkings will be straight run (unsexed) I will be raising them until I know who is who. If you can find a local member raising chicks, that is the way to go. I am in Prescott, a little far for most people. If you put your location in your profile it will show up so that others will know where you are. I have 2 brown leghorns and a brown sex-link, if you want some almost 8 week-old pullets. Send me a message.

Anybody here know what kind of snake that this is? It has one of those can pull thing's around it's neck. It was just found over here.

0802200854_resized.jpg

0802200900_resized.jpg

Back
Top Bottom