Arizona Chickens

AngBantamLuv

Songster
May 9, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
Oooh I visited at the right time! I made my white bean chicken chili the other day... I add fire roasted hatch chilies, some tomato and jalepeño mix, a big cap full of cayenne pepper, a cap full of red chili pepper, plus all the other ingredients.. yum! Unfortunately, I have been making that for so long, I can't taste the heat anymore. I make a big pot and the kids won't touch it, so it lasts me a few days.

I already stocked up on our weekend bbq items. I have baby back ribs, angus burgers, steak and chicken. Once the weekend is over, I need to red-meat detox though. I still haven't setup our pool yet.. I better get to it before the heat is gone.

Online school for us here too.. but I think I will switch to home school and move my daughter up another grade. At the pace she is going, she will be done with the material for the whole year by winter (hers is a self paced public school). So we might as well start the next year, but no public school will agree to that. The home school programs are all online, and they still follow the same standards, so she won't be missing out on anything, and I don't have to personally develop materials for her. I need to do whatever needs to be done to keep her occupied 😂

The chicks are spending more and more time outside of their coop.. Pretty much I get clucked at as soon as I make my breakfast (they do sleep in until then), so they are out for most of the morning. Then I send them back to their house where they nap, and then they cluck for afternoon playtime. They all stick together, so it is cute and manageable. They are in their little coop for bed at 6. I just love their little routine. They are now 15 weeks old!!

AngBantamLuv

Songster
May 9, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
I have this beautiful 4 month old black silkie rooster. I am in phoenix 7th ave and glendale ave and cannot have roosters. Is there anyone out there in the phoenix area that can have roosters that would like him as a pet or breeding silkie? I just can't bring myself to killing him. If you know anyone, please have them text me. 6025546813.
You're pretty close to Pratt's Pets in Glendale, they will buy him from you.

igorsMistress

Crossing the road barefoot.
Premium Feather Member
7 Years
Apr 9, 2013
My Coop
Good morning AZ. I gotta tell ya, starting my days @ 0330 has been rough. I start work @ 0600 and have to get the animals fed and the garden watered. I'm pooped before the sun even sets!

I'm so excited, one of the girls has gone broody and I have 5 eggs in the incubator. I hope it cools off some before they hatch, I want to give her the chicks so I don't have to deal with them. The 2 AC chicks are still inside, this is the longest I've kept any inside in years but it has just been too hot. I think one is a cockerel and one is a pullet.

I'm battling ants in new places, but I found their trail and put out baits last night.

Busy weekend ahead. We took the dogs to the park already, now we're headed to moms for a bit, then have errands to run and need haircuts. Tomorrow will be house cleaning and then back to the grind.

If anyone here likes Pho we tried the #15 from Pholicious and it was delicious.

Enjoy your weekend all!

Top Bottom