Arizona Chickens

Anybody here know what kind of snake that this is? It has one of those can pull thing's around it's neck. It was just found over here.

View attachment 2273160

View attachment 2273161
follow this link https://www.nps.gov/sagu/nonvenomous-snakes.htm

and scroll down to Long-nosed Snake (Rhinocheilus lecontei) the picture is a dead ringer for your snake. it's in the non-venemous section.
My first guess was some kind of king snake, but I think this is closer. Until you're sure, err on the side of @Parront, anything is possible.

follow this link https://www.nps.gov/sagu/nonvenomous-snakes.htm

and scroll down to Long-nosed Snake (Rhinocheilus lecontei) the picture is a dead ringer for your snake. it's in the non-venemous section.
My first guess was some kind of king snake, but I think this is closer. Until you're sure, err on the side of @Parront, anything is possible.

I know. It has since been put out of it's misery, as it's head was swelled up from the tab on it's neck. It wouldn't be able to eat anything and would have died anyway.

I know. It has since been put out of it's misery, as it's head was swelled up from the tab on it's neck. It wouldn't be able to eat anything and would have died anyway.
Afraid that with a head like that I might not take time to find out what it was. Looked small, to have that on it's neck, but even a small rattlesnake is bad news. Glad it was not a rattler! We had one in our house once in the desert, it was big and rattling. Killed with a shovel.

Afraid that with a head like that I might not take time to find out what it was. Looked small, to have that on it's neck, but even a small rattlesnake is bad news. Glad it was not a rattler! We had one in our house once in the desert, it was big and rattling. Killed with a shovel.

It was next door behind the bin where all of the dog food is kept inside of.

Rattlers are more afraid of you than you are of them :gig

I was hiking at the White Tanks with my mom and one of her friends. They were just walking along gabbing away. I was about 10 yards behind them, I enjoy peace and quiet when I hike, heard the rattles and stopped walking. My mom turned around and told me to hurry up, then freaked out as she saw the snake go across the path about 5 feet from her. She doesn't go hiking with me any more.

I'm in Az too. What great advice.
We got our first chickens ( 3 Silkies) in Oct of last year so, they haven't had to deal with the heat yet. We have since added 4 more Silkies to the family and have 6 eggs that are do to hatch on tuesday. : )
I am looking for someone who would want my all black silkie rooster for a breeding silkie or a pet. I am in Phoenix about 7th avenue and Glendale Avenue. are you still doing silkies?

I have this beautiful 4 month old black silkie rooster. I am in phoenix 7th ave and glendale ave and cannot have roosters. Is there anyone out there in the phoenix area that can have roosters that would like him as a pet or breeding silkie? I just can't bring myself to killing him. If you know anyone, please have them text me. 6025546813.

Attachments

• DSC08032 (2).JPG
    DSC08032 (2).JPG
    563.1 KB · Views: 4
I am looking for someone who would want my all black silkie rooster for a breeding silkie or a pet. I am in Phoenix about 7th avenue and Glendale Avenue. are you still doing silkies?

Welcome to our state thread! Even after you no longer have your rooster, you can still come back here to talk to us.

Back
Top Bottom