Arizona Chickens

CaroleW

Songster
9 Years
May 13, 2011
AZ
View attachment 2286267 Here is the looser, he weighed 1 pound at last week's weight check! Your guys are the winners!
I haven't weighed anyone yet - but you were very good at IDing pullets/cockerels at handoff!
I will have to get my postal scale out to see if I can get a weight on some. All males seem about the same size when I handle them. The females must be about 2/3 the size of males or a little less right now.

Parront

Free Ranging
Jul 27, 2017
Prescott, AZ
I haven't weighed anyone yet - but you were very good at IDing pullets/cockerels at handoff!
I will have to get my postal scale out to see if I can get a weight on some. All males seem about the same size when I handle them. The females must be about 2/3 the size of males or a little less right now.
They are pretty easy at 4 weeks! The biggest male here is about 1.25 lbs. He is a winner for the time being. Sadly, the smallest boy got trapped under the feeder somehow, so now I have 12. 5-6 girls -- one is still a little small and dark, but acts like a boy!

CaroleW

Songster
9 Years
May 13, 2011
AZ
They are pretty easy at 4 weeks! The biggest male here is about 1.25 lbs. He is a winner for the time being. Sadly, the smallest boy got trapped under the feeder somehow, so now I have 12. 5-6 girls -- one is still a little small and dark, but acts like a boy!
Too bad about the little one - yes I have a girl that acts a little like a boy too but she doesn't have much of a comb so I think safe to call her a girl so 6 male, 7 females here. I think I'll only be able to keep 3 roosters max - A good-tempered roo to go to my other flock to replace my NN roo (who I can't trust when I turn my back) and 2 best for breeding.

Parront

Free Ranging
Jul 27, 2017
Prescott, AZ
Too bad about the little one - yes I have a girl that acts a little like a boy too but she doesn't have much of a comb so I think safe to call her a girl so 6 male, 7 females here. I think I'll only be able to keep 3 roosters max - A good-tempered roo to go to my other flock to replace my NN roo (who I can't trust when I turn my back) and 2 best for breeding.
Those boss hens are hell on wheels! I am sure that is the case here. She sits with the males. She fights with them, and wins! :lau This is why we like birds, they are so much like us!

EmmaDonovan

Chirping
Jul 13, 2020
Southern Arizona
Is anyone here interested in a couple of the Double Blue Laced Barnevelder hen's? I'm going to go ahead and sell the 2 here that I have. Both of them lay brown egg's, but one of them has speckles on the brown.
Wow, I'd buy 'em in a heartbeat if I had a coop for them. I haven't even finished designing ours yet, slowpoke that I am. 😏

I wouldn't mind driving to Maricopa to get good laying hens or pullets, maybe keep me in mind early next year if you have more to sell then?

Top Bottom