Arizona Chickens

I have this beautiful 4 month old black silkie rooster. I am in phoenix 7th ave and glendale ave and cannot have roosters. Is there anyone out there in the phoenix area that can have roosters that would like him as a pet or breeding silkie? I just can't bring myself to killing him. If you know anyone, please have them text me. 6025546813.
You're pretty close to Pratt's Pets in Glendale, they will buy him from you.

Good morning AZ. I gotta tell ya, starting my days @ 0330 has been rough. I start work @ 0600 and have to get the animals fed and the garden watered. I'm pooped before the sun even sets!

I'm so excited, one of the girls has gone broody and I have 5 eggs in the incubator. I hope it cools off some before they hatch, I want to give her the chicks so I don't have to deal with them. The 2 AC chicks are still inside, this is the longest I've kept any inside in years but it has just been too hot. I think one is a cockerel and one is a pullet.

I'm battling ants in new places, but I found their trail and put out baits last night.

Busy weekend ahead. We took the dogs to the park already, now we're headed to moms for a bit, then have errands to run and need haircuts. Tomorrow will be house cleaning and then back to the grind.

If anyone here likes Pho we tried the #15 from Pholicious and it was delicious.

Enjoy your weekend all!

Good morning AZ. I gotta tell ya, starting my days @ 0330 has been rough. I start work @ 0600 and have to get the animals fed and the garden watered. I'm pooped before the sun even sets!

I'm so excited, one of the girls has gone broody and I have 5 eggs in the incubator. I hope it cools off some before they hatch, I want to give her the chicks so I don't have to deal with them. The 2 AC chicks are still inside, this is the longest I've kept any inside in years but it has just been too hot. I think one is a cockerel and one is a pullet.

I'm battling ants in new places, but I found their trail and put out baits last night.

Busy weekend ahead. We took the dogs to the park already, now we're headed to moms for a bit, then have errands to run and need haircuts. Tomorrow will be house cleaning and then back to the grind.

If anyone here likes Pho we tried the #15 from Pholicious and it was delicious.

Enjoy your weekend all!

I'm trying to keep an eye out for those ant's that have wing's on them. Those are the breeder one's that will fly off to make new colonies.

I'm trying to keep an eye out for those ant's that have wing's on them. Those are the breeder one's that will fly off to make new colonies.
I got those suckers, aka termites.. argh. They are gone now, cost me enough.

So my daughter will NOT be doing homeschooling, because with only lesson one assigned and she cheated. Guess that is a lesson for her!

A 4 pound male bird at 10 weeks is good to me. Not for a commercial Cornish-X raiser, my 10 week old Cornish-x dressed out @ 10 pounds. But, it is a lot better than a laying breed, even the Rocks. It will live in the heat, and breed on it's own for more meat next year. If this one is a hen, I bet a red male will give a sex-linked chick. A Rhode Island red with good laying background would make layers and broilers just fine. A Red Dorking Cock would be more of a meat bird with big, friendly broody hen daughters, & make great pet hens.

A 4 pound male bird at 10 weeks is good to me. Not for a commercial Cornish-X raiser, my 10 week old Cornish-x dressed out @ 10 pounds. But, it is a lot better than a laying breed, even the Rocks. It will live in the heat, and breed on it's own for more meat next year. If this one is a hen, I bet a red male will give a sex-linked chick. A Rhode Island red with good laying background would make layers and broilers just fine. A Red Dorking Cock would be more of a meat bird with big, friendly broody hen daughters, & make great pet hens.

Are you getting the Silver Grey or the Red Dorking's in a few week's?

Back
Top Bottom