Arizona Chickens

The incubator is still quiet. I've been thinking about and prepping for chickens so much these last three weeks that I dreamed about chickens a few nights ago. Anyway, there are several breeds of dark egg layers that sound like they'd do well in this climate. Someone on eBay has a flock made up of those same breeds and is selling fertilized eggs. So if these eggs fail to hatch, I'm thinking of getting some. A second try might be better, since I'd know for sure that the eggs have not been refrigerated, I've learned how to use the incubator, and I'm in a much better position to care for them than I was three weeks ago.

This is Day 21. When will I know for sure if the eggs are duds? If they are, I'd like to buy the other eggs before this person takes down their listing or it's too cold to ship.

One important question--I have a Little Giant Still Air Incubator 9200 and a Little Giant egg turner 6300. In the directions pamphlet it says that it's important to plug the egg turner into a ground fault circuit interrupter outlet. This is an older home, and I don't have one of those. I don't want to cause a fire or anything else. It would probably be possible to put one in, but since it's possible to turn the eggs manually I haven't used it yet. Would a computer type surge protector work? Any thoughts on this?

Last edited:
One important question--I have a Little Giant Still Air Incubator 9200 and a Little Giant egg turner 6300. In the directions pamphlet it says that it's important to plug the egg turner into a ground fault circuit interrupter outlet. This is an older home, and I don't have one of those. I don't want to cause a fire or anything else. It would probably be possible to put one in, but since it's possible to turn the eggs manually I haven't used it yet. Would a computer type surge protector work? Any thoughts on this?
I understand about your older home not having such outlets. Here is the easiest solution and it wont break the bank.
Your computer surge protector does not do same function.
gfic.PNG

Just get this at Home Depot, or other places should carry such also.
here is a link to HD site with it.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Tower-M...005/202510242?source=shoppingads&locale=en-US

Back
Top Bottom