Arizona Chickens

Anyone selling any OEG bantam eggs? My hen was sitting on some and I made the mistake of moving her to a safer place since she likes to hatch in trash cans and she decided she wasnt gonna sit on them anymore and it looks like they died.
No, but i have an OEGB and D'Anver, 10 days old, and based on day 2 and day 10 feathering, they look like they are pullets. Also, will probably have one red frizzle cochin, also same age and pullet.. but waiting just a little bit to verify the frizzles are girls (but she would be one cochin girl too many).

So we have 2 laying!! It was definitely Nala the partridge silkie who was first, but Minnie, my D'uccle has decided to join in the fun!! It was VERY LOUD in my house all morning 🤣
Lets see what the other two think about their timing, i might have plenty of eggs coming quickly!

Attachments

• 20201003_130739.jpg
    20201003_130739.jpg
    398.5 KB · Views: 0
I need everyone's opinion, please. At the county fairs I've been to, the people who entered poultry have had quite a few up for sale. I plan to go to the poultry show in St. Johns. Are there likely to be hens for sale there? If there are, I might look at buying some there instead of trying to hatch eggs. Fully grown birds would be less fragile. Thanks.

I need everyone's opinion, please. At the county fairs I've been to, the people who entered poultry have had quite a few up for sale. I plan to go to the poultry show in St. Johns. Are there likely to be hens for sale there? If there are, I might look at buying some there instead of trying to hatch eggs. Fully grown birds would be less fragile. Thanks.

I think that it would be a way to possibly see the breeder's that would have the breed that you are looking for. I would be careful about buying any fully grown one's as they may be older ones that are about to be spent in the egg laying department. Ask for younger pullets that are at point of lay, if you do decide to go that route. Otherwise, you might be able to buy some hatching egg's from someone there that would have the shade of color that you want. For instance say you want a real deep dark brown egg color for your flock, you would be able to see what shade of egg that person's flock produces.

No, but i have an OEGB and D'Anver, 10 days old, and based on day 2 and day 10 feathering, they look like they are pullets. Also, will probably have one red frizzle cochin, also same age and pullet.. but waiting just a little bit to verify the frizzles are girls (but she would be one cochin girl too many).
Thank you for the offer but right now I'm at my most with chicks so I was just wanting some eggs for my favorite girl since she loves being a momma.

I wouldn’t purchase birds from a poultry show but agree you can see what’s available. As for your eggs in the bator if they haven’t hatched by Sunday then candle them and see if there’s any movement in them. If your temp is on the low side it can a bit longer for them to hatch.

Does anyone know if Arizona Feather Bush leaves (Lysiloma watsonii) are poisonous or harmful in any way to chickens? My chickens like eating these leaves as treats, but they look a awfully like bracken fern leaves.

For context, my birds have eaten these leaves for several days, but have not shown any negative symptoms at all. Im worried that it could cause problems later on but any help would be great!

I wouldn’t purchase birds from a poultry show but agree you can see what’s available. As for your eggs in the bator if they haven’t hatched by Sunday then candle them and see if there’s any movement in them. If your temp is on the low side it can a bit longer for them to hatch.

Thank you! Hope is a good thing. :) And I did add the rest of the eggs to the incubator after the others were already incubating.

I just got back from church and a quick stop at the dollar store to get a strong beamed flashlight to take a look this afternoon if nothing shows signs of hatching.

Back
Top Bottom