Arizona Chickens

BlueBaby

Addict
Mar 21, 2016
Maricopa, AZ. (near Phoenix)
I just found out my Crested Cream Legbar laid her first egg over weekend - beautiful aqua blue egg!
Nice! I got a new first pullet egg yesterday, and it's a tinted one but so light that it almost look's white. I have been wondering what color of egg that she was going to end up laying. I was in there while she was laying it, and taking to her and tossing her some extra feather's for her nest before she layed it.

City farm

Crowing
Jul 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona U.S.A.
I don't have one named that, but I do have 2 cockerle's that need names still.

Hey there city farm, long time no see! How's it going?
Hello, going great. Have had a plant/seed exchange and a neighborhood progressive dinner party. We start at one home, walk to the next and our house was the last for desserts. Getting ready for a wedding and a bunch of family coming in town. Also lost a dear friend and I’m doing a celebration of life for her here. Brain cancer.
I will post more photo and check in when they get a bit older.
8ADF8931-C802-406D-917A-273701324E0D.jpeg
next weekend. So busy. But did expand our flock. Got a couple of silkies & Cochins.

BlueBaby

Addict
Mar 21, 2016
Hello, going great. Have had a plant/seed exchange and a neighborhood progressive dinner party. We start at one home, walk to the next and our house was the last for desserts. Getting ready for a wedding and a bunch of family coming in town. Also lost a dear friend and I’m doing a celebration of life for her here. Brain cancer.
I will post more photo and check in when they get a bit older. View attachment 2379415 next weekend. So busy. But did expand our flock. Got a couple of silkies & Cochins.
I'm glad that you are ok. Sorry about you losing your friend to the brain cancer. This year hasn't been very kind to many it seem's.

EmmaDonovan

Songster
Jul 13, 2020
Southern Arizona
So sorry for your loss.

BlueBaby

Addict
Mar 21, 2016
I have 2 cockerels here, but I haven't heard neither one of them crow yet. Some of the Dorking pullet's are easy for me to pick up now, but they like to be right by my feet when I bring the food in. The Dorking's will also eat those big black ant's when they come in the coop, so that's a good thing. The Naked Neck's never went after the ant's.

AngBantamLuv

Songster
May 9, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
I will post more photo and check in when they get a bit older. View attachment 2379415 next weekend. So busy. But did expand our flock. Got a couple of silkies & Cochins.
So sorry for your friend, you, and everyone that cared for her. 🌹

Adorable baby chick!! What kind of cochins did you get? I just got two.. 🥰

Also... nice STARFISH PLANT!!! What do the blooms on yours look like? I have the large peach ones w the red speckles.. @BlueBaby same plant I have!

City farm

Crowing
Jul 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona U.S.A.
So sorry for your friend, you, and everyone that cared for her. 🌹

Adorable baby chick!! What kind of cochins did you get? I just got two.. 🥰

Also... nice STARFISH PLANT!!! What do the blooms on yours look like? I have the large peach ones w the red speckles.. @BlueBaby same plant I have!
The Cochins are a splash, very excited about seeing them grow out. Yes love my stapelia plant. This one has not bloomed. I have both colors, this one is in bloom now. The lighter one might start soon. However the one in the photo with HBitthis did not make it this summer.
DF7772EA-88ED-4230-A07A-5AD160FC069E.jpeg
8BBFB35A-B618-44DB-9A6C-B92F94A9656A.jpeg

nuthatched

It's Soup Season!
Premium Feather Member
Nov 9, 2019
Rim Country, Az
The Cochins are a splash, very excited about seeing them grow out. Yes love my stapelia plant. This one has not bloomed. I have both colors, this one is in bloom now. The lighter one might start soon. However the one in the photo with HBitthis did not make it this summer. View attachment 2380058 View attachment 2380056
I didnt know they came in pink, my friend has one I water when she's gone. 20201010_163931.jpg

Top Bottom