Arizona Chickens

@BlueBaby - Roger update: He went up the ladder to sleep last nite! I was looking for him on the floor when I latched the door and couldn't find him. I figured out a small ruckuss in the roost area was him finding a spot (even his make-a-ruckuss voice is calm compared to the hens).

I hope so too.. i was planning on heading out to Prescott, but sounds like now is not the time. There's also a fire just south of lake pleasant.
The Horse fire isn't making much smoke yet where I am right now in Chino Valley about 10 miles north of Prescott Airport. I think that fire is more near Crown King on I-17 -they are ready/going to Mayer HS as evacuation center. But my DH did see smoke towards the Prescott area as he made way home Friday from Cottonwood to Chino Valley. Not sure if there's another fire closer to Prescott.

The Horse fire isn't making much smoke yet where I am right now in Chino Valley about 10 miles north of Prescott Airport. I think that fire is more near Crown King on I-17 -they are ready/going to Mayer HS as evacuation center. But my DH did see smoke towards the Prescott area as he made way home Friday from Cottonwood to Chino Valley. Not sure if there's another fire closer to Prescott.
Its so smoky here in the valley, the smell is strongest in the morning. I can't wait for these fires to end, throughout the west.

@BlueBaby - Roger update: He went up the ladder to sleep last nite! I was looking for him on the floor when I latched the door and couldn't find him. I figured out a small ruckuss in the roost area was him finding a spot (even his make-a-ruckuss voice is calm compared to the hens).

I told you that he was a good boy, and when he crows it's not a high pitched crow like some of those rooster's make.

I hope that both you and @Parront will be ok up there and that the fire doesn't come too close to you.

Its so smoky here in the valley, the smell is strongest in the morning. I can't wait for these fires to end, throughout the west.

You and me both!

Thanks :) Yes, I have 10 quail right now. 2 males, 8 girls.
I'm hoping to start a quail business once they start reproducing, but honestly, I need help on it :highfive:

Are you planning on incubating the egg's? Some people sell the hatching egg's, and other's hatch them out themselves and then sell the chick's as straight run.

Are you planning on incubating the egg's? Some people sell the hatching egg's, and other's hatch them out themselves and then sell the chick's as straight run.
I want to sell eggs first. It's hard for me to ship live chicks, But I want to work more towards that, because- I need to provide money for my quail somehow, you know?

Back
Top Bottom