Arizona Chickens

I want to sell eggs first. It's hard for me to ship live chicks, But I want to work more towards that, because- I need to provide money for my quail somehow, you know?

I only have chicken's, but I don't ship. I sell my hatching egg's, chick's and hen's locally and put the money back into feed for my flock. Any boy's, I try to rehome for free and whoever takes then can use them for breeding or for dinner.

I hope that both you and @Parront will be ok up there and that the fire doesn't come too close to you.

You and me both!
I've been watching the fire from our new place in Spring Valley (part of Mayer). I feel better that the evac shelter is a mile from my house because looking at the map of closure,s it comes pretty close to our community and the fire has had "extreme behavior" and zero containment. The house smelled like a campfire this morning. I didn't open the windows last night because of the smoke overhead last evening. It was quite thick. But maybe the winds are blowing it elsewhere. One of the news media said it was 6 miles from Prescott but that's wrong, thankfully it's 18 miles from Prescott and 7 miles from Crown King. I got my birds back a week and a half ago after building them a new pen/run/roost. They are molting, but seem fine even with the smoke. Hope @Parront is also doing well!

Thanks :) Yes, I have 10 quail right now. 2 males, 8 girls.
I'm hoping to start a quail business once they start reproducing, but honestly, I need help on it :highfive:
There is a farm on YT - Cog Hill Farm - that had a small go at quail, also many other videos. I thought of raising quail but I'm in too deep with new chickens right now. Are you raising quail for meat, for sportsmen, or eggs or all of the above? What type of quail?

Anyone here have quail??
I'd love to talk to someone about quail- I LOVEEE them!
4A478394-D9E8-4178-9246-3F3146A461B7.jpeg

Stay safe from those fires, Carole! Remember the Slide Fire in 2014, south of Flagstaff? I was living there then and evacuated. They managed to stop that thing less than 1/2 mile from my house. Some neighbors dealt with health problems for months afterward because they stayed as long as they could. Please be careful.

This afternoon I saw a car with the license plate RILYROO and thought that maybe somebody has a rooster named Riley. Anybody on this board, by any wild chance??? :D

Stay safe from those fires, Carole! Remember the Slide Fire in 2014, south of Flagstaff? I was living there then and evacuated. They managed to stop that thing less than 1/2 mile from my house. Some neighbors dealt with health problems for months afterward because they stayed as long as they could. Please be careful.

This afternoon I saw a car with the license plate RILYROO and thought that maybe somebody has a rooster named Riley. Anybody on this board, by any wild chance??? :D

I don't have one named that, but I do have 2 cockerle's that need names still.

Hey there city farm, long time no see! How's it going?

Back
Top Bottom