Arizona Chickens

AngBantamLuv

Crowing
May 9, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
Bella, my blue silkie, just went broody for the first time. She was growling at me when i went to pick her up 😂 she only sat for about an hour though, i got her up and into the livingroom. She was easily distracted, then started preening and making herself beautiful.. and i think after about an hour running around, that might be that! She was squaking a LOT though.. very very very loud for my super secret chicken lair 😆

Suzyqschickens

Songster
Jun 2, 2018
So 12 have hatched. Lost two still have 2 breaking thru and 8 not doing anything yet.

Attachments

EmmaDonovan

Songster
Jul 13, 2020
Southern Arizona
LOL yes. We had a dust storm a few years ago pick up their playhouse and threw it down breaking it. So I convinced the Hubs to repurpose it😆. So my son made roosting bars inside and the one side is on a hinge so I can get inside easily
That is a brilliant repurpose, I love it!! What type of wood is it made of, do you know? Where is the hinged part? Did you add nest boxes inside? Can you use it year round?

Suzyqschickens

Songster
Jun 2, 2018
That is a brilliant repurpose, I love it!! What type of wood is it made of, do you know? Where is the hinged part? Did you add nest boxes inside? Can you use it year round?
I have their nesting boxes on the ground. It was more open until I got Roos and had to separate the flock. I prefer the open coop. This is my third year with chickens and they do much better without the enclosure.

BlueBaby

Addict
Mar 21, 2016
Maricopa, AZ. (near Phoenix)
He is supposedly a full crested cream legbar straight from the breeder. So I started looking at pics and you are right I think he is something else. Maybe a Swedish flower roo???
He's probably just a mixed breed (mutt) that one of his parent's just happed to be a CCL. That's ok though, because mutt's need love too. I'm a mutt or a Heinz57. ;)

BlueBaby

Addict
Mar 21, 2016
Maricopa, AZ. (near Phoenix)
It’s from an actual hatchery so I would hope it isn’t but who knows
Maybe they outcrossed the one's that they had to try to improve the gene diversity. I have heard that the CCL's are pretty closely related. Keep in mind that most hatcheries just throw the breed into one big pen and don't breed for quality but rather quantity to keep up with the demand.

Top Bottom