Arizona Chickens

@City farm how many/what types of chickens do you have? How are your splash cochins coming along?
We have SLW, GLW, N.N. BPR, E.E. Silkies, although out of the group there are 1Cochin & 1 silky cockerels, so thinking the 1 silky will have to go. Dad black, my hen partridge and the other I think was bluff partridge..
F0DB11D0-7FCE-4665-8443-62DD13F8D209.jpeg
And yes the Cochins are adorable.

We have SLW, GLW, N.N. BPR, E.E. Silkies, although out of the group there are 1Cochin & 1 silky cockerels, so thinking the 1 silky will have to go. Dad black, my hen partridge and the other I think was bluff partridge.. View attachment 2432520And yes the Cochins are adorable.
Do you think you might have blue silkies in that pic?

Good morning! What's everyone up to today? How are the flock's doing?

I'm just doing another day at home. I think I'm going to cook up some extra oatmeal and scrambled egg's for the flock outside. I'll be cleaning out the nest boxes today, and changing out all of the water container's for them. The baby chick's in the brooder are doing good with no more poopy butt's and they all are looking well, so that's a good thing. I found another pullet egg out in the coop yesterday and I like the shape of it even if it's still a small egg.

Good morning! What's everyone up to today? How are the flock's doing?

I'm just doing another day at home. I think I'm going to cook up some extra oatmeal and scrambled egg's for the flock outside. I'll be cleaning out the nest boxes today, and changing out all of the water container's for them. The baby chick's in the brooder are doing good with no more poopy butt's and they all are looking well, so that's a good thing. I found another pullet egg out in the coop yesterday and I like the shape of it even if it's still a small egg.
My little flock is a happy bunch, did our cleaning yesterday. I am attempting a very small batch of sprouts from a poultry seed mix (chia, millet, wheat). I just want a plate full at a time, so they are soaking currently and hopefully will be ready in a few days! Hopefully the chickens like them 🥗

Ok can we talk about worming chickens? I need to, have not in the 3 yrs of having them. Yes I know bad chicken mom. But I need to. I figured now would be good. Even though I am enjoying the eggs. How long do you withdrawal eggs? What type do you use? Any successes? How often?
It would be best to get a fecal float test. Even a vet that doesn’t see chickens will often send a sample to the lab. Not all wormers treat all worms, best to know if and what they have first so you can treat appropriately.

My little flock is surprisingly quiet today. No crowing, and when I gave them fresh food and water, they did not come out. I checked inside, and they're all on the roosts. No clucking. Just quiet.
Mine have been quieter in the early morning lately. very cold and windy, more than usual. the babies were up and about though.

Mine have been quieter in the early morning lately. very cold and windy, more than usual. the babies were up and about though.

Mine that are outside are all acting like they normally do. I'm getting less egg's, but that's because I sold some of the girl's that were laying. The 2 Naked Neck pullet's haven't been laying long so those egg's are still on the small side. There's 10 more pullet's that haven't started laying yet (2 WR's, 7 SGD's and 1 NN), then the 10 Aloha chick's in the house that will be 2 week's old on Monday.

Back
Top Bottom