Arizona Chickens

A bigger sized egg will also give the future chick's more room to grow in there.

Thanks! You can't really tell, but one of them is a little larger than the other. My first eggs from my first flock. :D I think I'll spend some time today making room for a future chick pen on the porch.

Just got this out of storage. I bought it a long time ago for gathering eggs once I finally got chickens. It had some old plastic fake eggs inside, but it looks better with real ones, don't you think?

20210115_155451.jpg

I'm sitting here enjoying the omelet. I was afraid to let them sit too long because something might start developing in the eggs. These do not taste like store bought eggs! They're better.

But no new eggs this morning. :hit

Your own fresh egg's will alway's taste better. Some of the store bought egg's can be up to 2 month's old when you buy them.

Morning peeps...Heard what sounds like a beginning of a cockerel this morning. I have these 2 Barred Plymouth rocks in question. 18 weeks but hardly a comb. Thinking the saddle feathers will give them away before a comb. A friend & I checked the saddle feathers 3 weeks ago and none of them were coming in shinny or pointed, I am in denial
6BE4E8B3-C9B3-4680-92E8-C59E9CB80050.jpeg
E826AE26-8199-4EDF-A31C-F99ABE89A9F6.jpeg
08F79FF1-D800-45FA-8728-A30DFEB58193.jpeg
1ADD4E1F-3762-4D1F-8FBE-332FC5440923.jpeg
5C6980AC-C750-43EF-B53A-7097FA48AC48.jpeg
. uhhh I don’t like the, rehome or freezer thought. But that’s what a ”city farmer” is all about, right.. Orrrrrr do the 2 look like Dominiques?

Morning peeps...Heard what sounds like a beginning of a cockerel this morning. I have these 2 Barred Plymouth rocks in question. 18 weeks but hardly a comb. Thinking the saddle feathers will give them away before a comb. A friend & I checked the saddle feathers 3 weeks ago and none of them were coming in shinny or pointed, I am in denialView attachment 2491807View attachment 2491808View attachment 2491809View attachment 2491811View attachment 2491810. uhhh I don’t like the, rehome or freezer thought. But that’s what a ”city farmer” is all about, right.. Orrrrrr do the 2 look like Dominiques?
So im really only good at over-analyzing pics, but it works for me!! I was comparing yours to the started pullets... they sure look the same.

https://www.cacklehatchery.com/product/barred-rock-started-pullet/

One of my girls here.. omg.. i need to record her attempt at crowing, sounds like she's calling the pigs home! (Don't worry, no plans for a pet house piggy)

I'm sitting here enjoying the omelet. I was afraid to let them sit too long because something might start developing in the eggs. These do not taste like store bought eggs! They're better.

But no new eggs this morning. :hit
The male and female dna are in a fertilized egg, but they don't merge until they are heated to just the right temp... so nothing will grow even if you let the eggs sit. (Source: extreme googling instead of doing actual work).

Back
Top Bottom